Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 14 Aug 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
NatalieG
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
Sorry I’ve not posted earlier. I’ve been struck down with an absolutely vile tummy bug that has really put a dampener on the first 2 days. It’s also given me a temperature of 39.5, although I’ve been able to bring it down a bit with tablets. Had to leave Magic Kingdom about 1 on Monday and spent the rest of the day in bed. I was able to spend slightly longer in EPCOT yesterday but majorly regretted doing so when I had to get a wheelchair from Teppan Edo back to the bus from sheer exhaustion. Things are not off to a great start but I’m feeling slightly better and my temperature is 37.4 without paracetamol so I’m hoping it’s on it’s way out now!

Day 1
We started the day off with some cereal in the room. No photos of this I’m afraid as it’s not massively exciting! We were up and out at 8.30am. We popped on the bus to Hospitality House to pick up our refillable mugs and grabbed a drink for on the way to the park. When we got there, we went to sort a disability pass for my friend then headed to our first FastPass - BTMR. When we got there, it was down So we jumped on Splash Mountain instead! Love this ride! Then, we took Noah for his first haircut - he was such a little superstar.

Then, we headed over to Fantasyland and popped into Gaston’s Tacern for a Le Fou’s Brew for Will. He really enjoyed it.

Then we went to our reservation for Be Our Guest for an early lunch at 11.20. It’s so, so lovely in here! We sat in the main ballroom next to a ‘window’. I had a turkey sandwich (without the mayo) and fries. It was lovely but WAY too much (especially when I’m feeling ill) and I hardly ate half. Will had the cheese and ham toasty and demolished it

After lunch, I hit a wall and my bug properly kicked in. I had to leave so we came back to the hotel and I pretty much spent most of my afternoon in bed. Will being the gent he is, didn’t leave my side except to get himself and Noah some dinner from Gurgling Suitcase. He had a burger and fries and paid OOP - whyyyy?! He said it was nice enough. The girls still went to our Ohana reservation, but I wasn’t up for it at all. Disney were amazing though and they managed to fit Will, Noah and myself in on Sunday night (and they’re letting us use our TS Credits, even though they run out the day before). Disney customer service at its best.

Past Visits: 2012 (WDW), 2013 (WDW), 2015 (WDW), 2017 (DLP), 2019 (WDW), 2023 (WDW - 50th Anniversary).
Planned Upcoming Visits: December 2023 (WDW)

Edited at 12:20 PM.
NatalieG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Rafiki22
Dancing with Tink'

Oh no, bless you what a nasty way to start your holiday! I hope you feel much better soon and that's so good of Disney to do that for you. Looking forward to the rest of your trip report
Rafiki22 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I’m so sorry to hear you’ve been ill, an absolute nightmare on holiday and I have anxiety all year about the potential of it. What great customer service from Disney coming to the rescue with ‘Ohana. It sounds like you've been a trooper though.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
NatalieG
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
So, we’re home but it does mean I’m going to try and complete this! I took as many photos as I remembered to do so! Hopefully it’ll be interesting/helpful to some!

Past Visits: 2012 (WDW), 2013 (WDW), 2015 (WDW), 2017 (DLP), 2019 (WDW), 2023 (WDW - 50th Anniversary).
NatalieG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
NatalieG
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 2 - EPCOT

This morning, I woke up around 4am but I’d had a pretty terrible night. I was up several times in the night with the upset tummy. When the others woke up around 7, I’d already had the decision that I felt too poorly to be going out. Especially this early. I had a bit of a cry and tried to get some more sleep. Will said that he wasn’t happy to leave me, so him and Noah stayed in with me and had some cereal and doughnuts. I promise Noah doesn’t normally have doughnuts for breakfast but, on this holiday, he had a lot of sugary treats

Around 9.30, I had a bit of a boost and decided I wanted to go out. I knew I was pushing it but there was no way I was sitting in and not enjoying the 6 days we had at Disney on the dining plan.

We got up and changed and headed out. When we got there, I felt SO rough. At this point, I was so angry with myself but the others persuaded me and try and eat. We popped into the closest place, Electric Umbrella, and Will and I shared the pulled pork sandwich and fries. I managed a few mouthfuls and actually did feel a little better after. I forgot to take a photo though so Google has helped me out here!

After, we headed over to some of the smoother rides (Soarin’, Nemo etc) and I grabbed a frozen Minute Maid as a snack credit. It was really refreshing. I was craving fizzy drinks and thought this was a better option. Yum!

We then decided to head over to World Showcase. Mexico bound! We took Noah on the ride here and he loved it! We then walked around to Norway and decided to grab something for Noah from the bakery! It was a chocolate covered pretzel and he devoured it

We then spent the rest of the afternoon mooching around World Showcase until we got to Japan. I was very excited about our Teppan Edo reservation, despite the fact I felt so ill. I managed some of the food and it was absolutely delicious. I went for the chicken and steak combo and really enjoyed it. The issue was, by this point, I’d started to dread eating because I knew I’d suffer for it. But there was no way I wasn’t trying it!

I kept my drink simple and just went for orange juice and for dessert, I tried the mango cake. Simple and refreshing. I ended the night feeling so poorly, but I had a good day so it was worth it.

Snack Credits Used - 3
Snack Credits Left - 21
Quick Service Credits Used - 4
Quick Service Credits Left - 19
Table Service Credits Used - 2
Table Service Credits Left - 10
Food Money Spent Today - Around $20 tip
Total Food Money Spent - £20 / $20