Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 14 Sep 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
6 nights on site with DDP...

So now I can relax, having got flights I'm happy with...and start thinking about the big reveal (to youngest daughter, oldest one knows).

Last time we went, we were onsite at POR for 14 nights and upgraded from QSDP then.

So we felt like we had loads of choice and lots of opportunity to eat in a wide range of TS locations (although cancelled our evening O'hana ADR in favour of FOP FP! ), but I did find 2 weeks of fitting in TS meals a bit restrictive.

This time, early planning (!), I wanted to ask the collective advice of the Dibb... 6 TS and 6 QS locations...what would be your 'must do's?
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Chefs de France, Toledo, Chef Arts (although the portions are ridiculous!) and Garden Grill breakfast for 1 credit and Yachtsman for 2 credits.
I was going to suggest Cali Grill brunch but although we did quite like it, I’m not sure I’d go again. The savoury entrees weren’t good at all (weirdest and most unpleasant hollandaise ever and my chicken was a horrible texture. French toast was great but that’s sweet) but the buffet selection was really, really good. I’m just not sure it’s worth 2 credits on that basis 🤔

Edited at 07:15 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
We had 6 days on ddp recently. We went wrong in that we did too many buffets, 4 of our 6 t/s meals. Over 14 days not an issue but over 6 days it was too much. I’d make sure I’d have variety over those 6 t/s meals.

All in my food report in my signature below.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
Chefs de France, Toledo, Chef Arts (although the portions are ridiculous!) and Garden Grill breakfast for 1 credit and Yachtsman for 2 credits.
I was going to suggest Cali Grill brunch but although we did quite like it, I’m not sure I’d go again. The savoury entrees weren’t good at all (weirdest and most unpleasant hollandaise ever and my chicken was a horrible texture. French toast was great but that’s sweet) but the buffet selection was great so I’m not sure it’s worth 2 credits 🤔
Thank you - the only one of your list we did last time was Garden Grill (and enjoyed it!) - was considering it for dinner this time, perhaps.

Will look up the others, thank you!

Any QS recommendations?
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
We had 6 days on ddp recently. We went wrong in that we did too many buffets, 4 of our 6 t/s meals. Over 14 days not an issue but over 6 days it was too much. I’d make sure I’d have variety over those 6 t/s meals.

All in my food report in my signature below.
That is a good idea - we did a lot of character buffets/breakfasts last time and I agree, not enough variety. Except Boma, that was good! (my youngest isn't particularly adventurous, but will still be on child portions, so that's OK)

Will have a peek at your food report, thanks!
DLP DCR - 2009
Old 15 Sep 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
On my TS list for next year are:
Tepan Edo
Coral Reef
Homecomin
Mama Melrose

On my QS list are:
Pecos bill tall tale inn and cafe
Harambe Market
BOG

We are similar to you we only have 7 nights on the DDP!
This is our first time on the DDP though, done a few of the above before so they're not all from experience , just research !
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

We have 5 nights and have booked Teppan Edo, Chefs de France, Chef Arts, OHanas and Raglan Road. QS - BOG breakfast and lunch, Blaze, Restaurantosaurus Burgers and Sundaes, Dluxe Burger or Polite Pig.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
Mobile

Thank you! We didn’t eat at Disney Springs at all last time and they seem to have great offering!

We ate at Coral Reef for the experience (lovely) and I am keen to get the O’hana evening experience. Teppan Edo was amazing, we might repeat that again. We did BOG breakfast but I think we’ll do lunch next time!

Need to look at Chef Arts/Homecoming- seems popular and I hadn’t heard of it!
DLP DCR - 2009
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Table service; Homecomin’, Yak & Yeti, ‘Ohana, Morimoto and the new Space 220 restaurant are our definite choices so far for next year.

Quick Service; Chicken Guy, Blaze, Polite Pig, Cooke’s of Dublin, Tangierine Cafe, Sat’uli Canteen and La Cantina De San Angel.

Pretty much everywhere at Disney Springs is delicious, it’s hard to fit everything in!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

we're doing 6 nights next year and our list so far is
TS
chef mickeys
yak & yeti
raglan road
space 220 depending on the menu
grand floridan cafe
Might do another character buffet- crystal palace or minnie's season dine are on the short list but not sure as there are quite a few other ts places we are considering.

Qs
Bog lunch
sat'ull canteen
wolfgang puck cafe, Blaze pizza, polite pig or deluxe burger
Woody's lunchbox
sunshine seasons
We're sticking to park or disney springs options so we don't miss too much park time.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List