Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Jul 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
qt87
Getting to know the DIBB

How safe are onsite hotels?

I'm a nervous traveller and very often don't sleep well in hotels & apartments. We're staying in CBR next year and wondering how safe are the properties generally? Are there break in's very often? Do non residents wander around the properties?

Would very much appreciate if nobody gave the "don't worry" reply, I try hard not to!
qt87 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by qt87 View Post
I'm a nervous traveller and very often don't sleep well in hotels & apartments. We're staying in CBR next year and wondering how safe are the properties generally? Are there break in's very often? Do non residents wander around the properties?

Would very much appreciate if nobody gave the "don't worry" reply, I try hard not to!
I've stayed on-site 6 times now and not once encountered even the slightest bit of bother.

Can't say that non-residents don't enter the hotels because they do i.e. visiting for meals etc but security are pretty on-it when it comes to watching dodgy people.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

If you are concerned, perhaps look at one of the 'door jammer' type products that are available for travelling. We plan to get one for our road trip in September for extra security (although if we were only going to Disney I personally wouldn't bother)

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Simple answer? They are safe.

Disney would not do well if they had lots of break ins.
When leaving your room, put things in the safe, hide valuables. Store them in a locked suitcase. Put the latch/chain on at nights/when you are in the room. Keep your curtains drawn & windows closed.

You could decline mousekeeping if you don't want anyone coming in, you can request extra towels etc throughout your stay.

Remember they will have cctv around the property. When guests arrive by car, they sign in with their ID. Sure, the guests coming on Disney buses don't sign in, but if you are going to rob somewhere, a Disney bus is hardly going to be your choice of getaway vehicle. (I don't want to make you anxious there, just a little humor about robbers on a getaway "car" aka disney bus amuses me)

Security partol the areas. There is always lots of staff.

So I'm sorry to say it, but please, don't worry
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Not onsite - but I travel a lot on my own and use a simple door wedge from Poundland when inside the room .
I use the spyhole in the door , don’t go out late alone and keep an eye on the corridor when going back to my room .
If I am in a lift with someone who makes me uneasy I either don’t get in or get off at the next floor .
Keep money and valuables less visible and always be aware of surroundings when getting out of the car and take all valuables with you .
There was a spate of car break ins around I drive a few years ago and as ours was completely empty it was one of a row that were not touched , we chatted to an American family who were tired the night before and had gone into the hotel leaving iPads etc in the car .. all of it was gone .. part from the $600 they had left in the glove box which was definitely more luck than judgement!

Edited at 12:39 PM.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Where ever you go in the world you have safe and unsafe places I stayed CBR a few years back and can quite honestly say I has not one problem. The security will only allow certain people on site IE ADRS ect.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
qt87
Getting to know the DIBB

thank you so much for the replies. Its definitely eased my worries!
qt87 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We have stayed on property countless times over the years and there has never been even a whisper of bother.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
kazzykay
slightly serious Dibber

Perfectly safe, safer than a lot of the UK x
kazzykay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
On average, Disney's onsite hotels are safer than offsite hotels. If you've ever stayed in a hotel anywhere else then you'll be as safe, if not safer, in a Disney hotel.

I've not heard of any break ins at the Disney hotels. It might happen but not often enough for it to be something that's talked about much.

The good thing about the Disney hotels is that they are not on main roads and are in their own resort. So you don't get passing traffic or pedestrians walking past the hotel (unlike hotels on, say, International Drive). Nearly all of people will be residents or guests coming to eat at the resort restaurant.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List