Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 Jul 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Yowza. Just read the reviews on TA. Did not realise it was that bad.

A few things stood out to me.

Universal have really made a mistake with the housekeeping. A lot of people it seems expect a full service at least every few days and their current model is going to lead to a lot of disquiet with guests. Frankly I think every 5 days should be an absolute minimum.

A few people complained about being charged more than they were originally quoted for - one person said $200 a night. That's verging on middle of the road or even deluxe territory with Universals stay longer save more discounts in play.

Food is a definite screw up at this hotel from the reports. I'm surprised, I was impressed with Cabana bay's options. Thought for sure they'd recognise the importance of having a good cheap selection. $30 to get a pizza to your room is insane. I mean, I suppose they were thinking that people could just go to international drive but...

People mentioned they have to walk the long way round to leave the hotel onto I-Drive. A cynical man would think this was meant to encourage people to stay and spend in the hotel - but then they would surely have put more options for food in.

I hope they get better. A shame, was interested and even considering a budget trip in years to come if it was a good option. As it is now, I'd go cabana or aventura.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
debdriver
Serious Dibber

debdriver's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
Thing that (probably unreasonably) irks me the most is that their refillable cups for say a 2 week holiday end up being around $50 each!
That’s a lot! Seems daft to make it so expensive compared to cabana and aventura especially as the hotel is marketed as value. Are the prime value hotels still offering them for around $20 for length of stay?
Old 25 Jul 19, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah
Apprentice Imagineer

Hannah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by debdriver View Post
That’s a lot! Seems daft to make it so expensive compared to cabana and aventura especially as the hotel is marketed as value. Are the prime value hotels still offering them for around $20 for length of stay?
Yes they are. That's why it's so mad!
Hannah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyfangirl01
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
Yowza. Just read the reviews on TA. Did not realise it was that bad.

A few things stood out to me.

Universal have really made a mistake with the housekeeping. A lot of people it seems expect a full service at least every few days and their current model is going to lead to a lot of disquiet with guests. Frankly I think every 5 days should be an absolute minimum.

A few people complained about being charged more than they were originally quoted for - one person said $200 a night. That's verging on middle of the road or even deluxe territory with Universals stay longer save more discounts in play.

Food is a definite screw up at this hotel from the reports. I'm surprised, I was impressed with Cabana bay's options. Thought for sure they'd recognise the importance of having a good cheap selection. $30 to get a pizza to your room is insane. I mean, I suppose they were thinking that people could just go to international drive but...

People mentioned they have to walk the long way round to leave the hotel onto I-Drive. A cynical man would think this was meant to encourage people to stay and spend in the hotel - but then they would surely have put more options for food in.

I hope they get better. A shame, was interested and even considering a budget trip in years to come if it was a good option. As it is now, I'd go cabana or aventura.

the food options looks okay from opening day videos there is a quick service type place with a decent selection, $30 for pizza to your room does seem insane but this doesn't seem to be a reflection on the other food offerings here...

There is a pedestrian gate opposite Walgreens for the hotel - I too have read reviews that this is locked which seems quite strange.

As for the housekeeping this will suit others and displease - personally I don't mind it I would rather not have strangers in and out of the room everyday and I think you can request new towels and rubbish removal

overall I think this is just growing pains Give them a few months and I can see this place getting it together

we are staying here next year and I am not concerned, they will iron out there problems in no time.
disneyfangirl01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by disneyfangirl01 View Post
the food options looks okay from opening day videos there is a quick service type place with a decent selection, $30 for pizza to your room does seem insane but this doesn't seem to be a reflection on the other food offerings here...

There is a pedestrian gate opposite Walgreens for the hotel - I too have read reviews that this is locked which seems quite strange.

As for the housekeeping this will suit others and displease - personally I don't mind it I would rather not have strangers in and out of the room everyday and I think you can request new towels and rubbish removal

overall I think this is just growing pains Give them a few months and I can see this place getting it together

we are staying here next year and I am not concerned, they will iron out there problems in no time.
I think you are correct they'll iron it out, but keep an eye on it ready to switch if not.

The problem with the food is it's all pre prepped and kept under food lamps. The dis video and a few others - it looked really awful. I think they need to change how they do the food totally.
Old 25 Jul 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyfangirl01
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I think you are correct they'll iron it out, but keep an eye on it ready to switch if not.

The problem with the food is it's all pre prepped and kept under food lamps. The dis video and a few others - it looked really awful. I think they need to change how they do the food totally.

All Honesty The dis review is just about the only one I have not seen Tim Tracker seemed to have a decent burger there in his opening day video but for us with the location we where not planning to eat there often to be honest so I don't think we will be switching personally

For us to change to Aventura it was over £400 so as much as good food would be convenient we will just be at Dennys or the IHOP across the road
disneyfangirl01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
arabella
Serious Dibber

I am now starting to twitch - I have the endless summer booked for 8 nights next November, so ages to go so things may change
However like others here have seen reviews on you tube and trip adviser that although say its lovely it is lacking regarding food, housekeeping, storage as will have a standard room
although the price was good, now having the second thoughts!
as will have to factor in the parking charges, and as another poster has stated even the cost of refill cup will be pricey
should i cut and run to the cabana or adventura instead?
as booked with virgin holidays it would cost £50 to swap plus the difference in the holiday cost

2020, couldn't go to go Endless Summer, Universal

Edited at 05:36 PM.
arabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by arabella View Post
I am now starting to twitch - I have the endless summer booked for 8 nights next November, so ages to go so things may change
However like others here have seen reviews on you tube and trip adviser that although say its lovely it is lacking regarding food, housekeeping, storage as will have a standard room
although the price was good, now having the second thoughts!
as will have to factor in the parking charges, and as another poster has stated even the cost of refill cup will be pricey
should i cut and run to the cabana or adventura instead?
as booked with virgin holidays it would cost £50 to swap plus the difference in the holiday cost
Unless you want a suite at those other hotels or are there at Thanksgiving, you’ll be able to get a room fairly close to when you go. Are you saying November 2020? If yes, I’d just monitor the situation for the time being.
Old 25 Jul 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Dd is staying here with partner and grandson while we are at bay lake tower and the grove,it looked like it would be good so disappointed to hear some not so great reviews.fingers crossed things improve
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
"Swimming pool" has a maximum dept of 3 feet! Could be interesting swimming in that!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List