Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 4 Aug 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by akhurstf1 View Post
We're back to WDW in November and look forward to upgrading our 14 day to DVC Gold AP's.

Will report back then with what we pay
We're there at the start of November too. Fingers crossed we both get close to the $175 mark .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by M3_florida View Post
we are going over later this year and again in April. if we upgraded our tickets to AP would that cover us for April or do they end with the year end?
Suggest you do the maths, at one point 2 trips made it a saving, however since the price rise eariler this year, my calculations made it only worth while for over 2 trips or just upgrading one pass for free parking and discounts.. Don't Forget Ap can only do fps from 7 days before
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
paulfoel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
Suggest you do the maths, at one point 2 trips made it a saving, however since the price rise eariler this year, my calculations made it only worth while for over 2 trips or just upgrading one pass for free parking and discounts.. Don't Forget Ap can only do fps from 7 days before
Yeh not worth it any more. Still maybe worth it for one person to get AP to get free parking/discounts.
paulfoel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sonic_heroes View Post
Just back and upgraded our 21 day tickets. We asked at MK Guest relations and she said that it was all in the computer now so everyone should quote the same price.
Will have to check how much we were in the end but I noticed after we had upgraded (hubby and me only) that when I went into our daughters' ticket info on MDE they were getting a better deal than we had been given! Wish we had done it that way too. They were getting $624 credit for their 21 day tickets against the Platinum plus. We got a lot less and hence bought just the platinum tickets but she was willing to give us a credit against the discount amount on the tours that we had already booked and paid for, so we accepted her price. Still think we scored instead of buying another set of tickets in December and the discounts we have/will receive. Have still to add it all up. X
If you have the chance would you mind sharing how much you ended up paying?
And could you please confirm that your daughter was offered a $624 credit for the ticket and that this was not, in fact, the upgrade price?

I'm sorry for the questions but I'm trying to reverse-engineer their pricing policy and thanks to RickT's photos I believe I've got the 14-day tickets nailed down, but something's not adding up with the reports on the 21-day tickets.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MissMayhem
Earning More Ears

Mobile

In case it helps anyone, I was just quoted to upgrade 14 day ticket to annual pass. You basically get $480 off the list price of whatever pass you want.
MissMayhem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by MissMayhem View Post
In case it helps anyone, I was just quoted to upgrade 14 day ticket to annual pass. You basically get $480 off the list price of whatever pass you want.
Thank you for posting.
Was this today/this morning or a few days ago? And was it $480 off the list price before or after tax?

It could help to figure out how they use the exchange rate.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MissMayhem
Earning More Ears

Mobile

It was yesterday in animal kingdom. $480 (May have been $490) off list price. Can’t imagine they would they add tax but it gives you a ball park idea.
MissMayhem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

It was yesterday in animal kingdom. $480 (May have been $490) off list price. Can’t imagine they would they add tax but it gives you a ball park idea.
Thank you.
This is what I meant with before or after tax. Let's say you want a platinum pass, then they could charge you two ways:

1) $1119 + tax = $1191.74 - $480 = $711.74 or
2) $1119 - $480 = $639 + tax = $680.54.

This may not seem like much of a difference but it's an important distinction when reversing their calcutions to find the pattern they use.

One final question: am I correct when saying you paid £399 for your ticket? This matches up exactly with the exchange rate yesterday.
Old 12 Aug 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MissMayhem
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Quote for a premium was over $800. Paid £399 for ticket.
Old 13 Aug 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Quote for a premium was over $800. Paid £399 for ticket.
So I would assume that's the one including water park which is $100 more than the one in the calcs I believe so I would say the $711 is probably the right price for the non-water park version