Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Tickets
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less
Unread 22 Aug 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
muzland
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Tried at Disney springs yesterday. Quoted $667 inc tax to upgrade 21 day ult adult so still dearer than the app.

When I left I checked the app and the price of my ticket had increased to exactly that price even though he assured me nothing had changed on my ticket.

Went back to explain that whatever he had done had affected my upgrade price in the app. After quite a while and Getting a manager involved they agreed to honour the original app price. Left with no choice at that point to upgrade the ticket which I did.

My other tickets are showing the $595 upgrade price still.

So, just asking for a price in Disney can change the price in the app negatively so be careful and be prepared to argue and stand your ground if it happens. I was lucky that I had other tickets I could show him with the original price.

Obviously you could skip the asking and just upgrade in the app for peace of mind.

Be careful out there folks.
muzland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Murray clan incoming...
Unread 22 Aug 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by muzland View Post
Tried at Disney springs yesterday. Quoted $667 inc tax to upgrade 21 day ult adult so still dearer than the app.

When I left I checked the app and the price of my ticket had increased to exactly that price even though he assured me nothing had changed on my ticket.

Went back to explain that whatever he had done had affected my upgrade price in the app. After quite a while and Getting a manager involved they agreed to honour the original app price. Left with no choice at that point to upgrade the ticket which I did.

My other tickets are showing the $595 upgrade price still.

So, just asking for a price in Disney can change the price in the app negatively so be careful and be prepared to argue and stand your ground if it happens. I was lucky that I had other tickets I could show him with the original price.

Obviously you could skip the asking and just upgrade in the app for peace of mind.

Be careful out there folks.
There still doesnt appear to be any rhythm nor reason behind their pricing 😡

We upgraded last week and the manager also had to sort ours out.

One thing he did say was that the app will only show the upgrade to platinum plus as our ultimate tickets include water parks. If you upgrade through the app they will then downgrade you at guest services if you dont want the plus. So if the app shows a better price its best to use that.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Trying OKW for the first time
Unread 22 Aug 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
robbo21982
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Currently going around on a few facebook groups is a recent (this month) receipt showing a figure of approx $150 to upgrade a 14 day UK ticket to a DVC gold AP. This price should be available everywhere but has definitely been available at Disney Springs and MK.
Any links for this please?
Sept 15 - Rosen Inn @ Pointe | Sept 16 - Caribbean Beach Resort | August 17 - Animal Kingdom Lodge | May 18 - Polynesian Resort | Aug 18 - Clarion Inn at Lake Buena Vista | Aug 19 - Universal's Aventura Hotel | Oct 19 - Clarion Inn at Lake Buena Vista | May 20 - Polynesian Resort | Aug 20 - Clarion Inn at Lake Buena Vista
robbo21982 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Clarion Inn @ LBV
Unread 22 Aug 19, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Rich accountant
Trying for More Ears

Just to add another data point.
For background we booked with Wdtc on free dine and the 14 days for 7 days ultimates, paying 399 for an adult.
I asked for an upgrade price today in liberty sq ticket centre at MK and was offered $702 for the premium AP. I then tried at guest info at bottom of main St and was offered $597. I asked why there was a difference and she said it was because she had carried over our resort discount. Will be going back with ID tomorrow to buy it.
Thanks

Eta I can't see any price on the app - just a message saying please speak to guest info if you would like to upgrade

Edited at 11:44 PM.
Rich accountant is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 19, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rich accountant View Post
For background we booked with Wdtc on free dine and the 14 days for 7 days ultimates, paying 399 for an adult.
I asked for an upgrade price today in liberty sq ticket centre at MK and was offered $702 for the premium AP. I then tried at guest info at bottom of main St and was offered $597. I asked why there was a difference and she said it was because she had carried over our resort discount. Will be going back with ID tomorrow to buy it.
Thanks

Eta I can't see any price on the app - just a message saying please speak to guest info if you would like to upgrade
Thank you for sharing. Could you please report back if this was with our without tax? Have a great holiday!
CosmicGirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 19, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Rich accountant
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
Thank you for sharing. Could you please report back if this was with our without tax? Have a great holiday!
All including tax
Thanks
Rich accountant is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 19, 02:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rich accountant View Post
Thanks

$597 is correct, thats what we paid last week. That was the lowest we were quoted and they honoured that at guest services.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Trying OKW for the first time
Unread 23 Aug 19, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

We may be going back to WDW in summer after our Xmas trip. Im hoping I can use my 14 day ultimates at WDW over Xmas then on the last day upgrade to a DVC Gold Pass next summer, no one on any online forum has advised if this is possible.
Attraction Tickets Direct