Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 7 Aug 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

We went to the Friday night muscle car cruise in our trip last August.

We neither drank nor ate there (though we did find a slush vendor for the little one).

First impressions were that it was a place Darryl and Merle would be at home (if you're not a TWD fan, think just a touch... "southern"), but it had its own charm, the cars were cool (plenty of Gen 5/6 Camaros, Vettes, Mustangs, Challengers, an old Chevy Nova and Foxbody Mustang too), mainly 2000s onwards... think if you're wanting the older stuff, the Saturday night Classics would be better.

Never felt unsafe or uncomfortable, just had a good time - I'd go again on future hols.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMermaid
Excited about Disney

We love the Saturday show and always make an effort to go at least once a trip. We'll certainly be there on our up coming trip!

I've got some photos from the previous times we've visited -

MinnieMermaid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Remote
Dancing with Tink'

Definitely get an Uber - the Parking is mad and overpriced.

Its a fun evening and lots to look at.
DLP August 2012 Sequoia Lodge

Haines City - Easter 2019
Remote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

We have always felt safe at Old Town and it can get quite busy on them nights
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Unfortunately as it’s an ancient actual photograph taken of our+kids on there first visit and agai;the same pic on the last trip with all 3 1 gk
And 2 DILs I can’t post it but it of them and the plus and DH dancing and singing and the actions to YMCA by village people. And on pain of death my kids have a picture of DH line dancing (we will cut them off if they ever post or take a picture of me I know about ) said pi was printed and on there god parents this is our life in pics board anniversary board ( only one apart from our wedding pics of us both )
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It’s a great night out and we have had a ball. Flippers pizza place is excellent and really reasonable. The live music is good and the area is no less safe than Disney Springs or Citywalk. We are actually staying in an apartment complex across from it for the second time and loved it. Definitely über there and back with no problems
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

As the other Dibbers have said it really is a great place to go. Some superb shops to potter around and everything is relaxed and fun. There are no idiots there doing burnouts or doughnuts in the carpark as you might expect in the UK at a McDonalds it is full of genuine car nuts who spend a lot of time and love on their cars.
Parking is no problem and to be honest we've never paid the $10 in all the years we've been, not because we dodge it, I guess its because we don't park in their car park area. Certainly worth going though, there's different car types on Friday & Saturday and it is a lovely old tradition which makes for a pleasant evening out.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 01:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
As the other Dibbers have said it really is a great place to go. Some superb shops to potter around and everything is relaxed and fun. There are no idiots there doing burnouts or doughnuts in the carpark as you might expect in the UK at a McDonalds it is full of genuine car nuts who spend a lot of time and love on their cars.
Parking is no problem and to be honest we've never paid the $10 in all the years we've been, not because we dodge it, I guess its because we don't park in their car park area. Certainly worth going though, there's different car types on Friday & Saturday and it is a lovely old tradition which makes for a pleasant evening out.
So where do you park?
Old 17 Aug 19, 01:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Pagan8c
Getting Excited

I went over 15yrs ago and never felt nervous etc then. It is a really good place to visit and am looking forward to going next year when we are back in florida..
Pagan8c is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Lemmonie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I parked opposite in the rear of the massive gift shop. I charge but crossing the road to old town was “dicey”
Lemmonie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List