Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Aug 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
berniboy
Trying for More Ears

Thank you everyone for your kind messages and ideas, i'm really touched and its nice to know there are good people in the world. I will show this thread to my wife and i'm sure it will help put her mind at rest with any worries she has. Thank you again.
'06-Gran Canaria - Gran Canaria Princess
'07-Pop Century, Royal Pacific Resort and Marriot Suite Resort Clearwater Sandkey
berniboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Mobile

No real advice, but I just wanted to say I am glad your wife is doing better and I hope you have a lovely relaxing holiday. Discovery cove sounds like it could be just what you need as well!
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
sijen
Very Serious Dibber

sijen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by berniboy View Post
Hi,

I will try and keep this short.

- Wife diagnosed with Breast Cancer Oct 2018, has had two operations Nov and Dec, chemotherapy Feb to June and Radiotherapy July to August (ended treatment last week).
- Yesterday hospital said she is fit to travel providing she rests and is doesn't overdo things.
- Booked yesterday, fly out on Monday for 10 nights, staying around Lake Buena Vista.
- Main reason for going is to give the wife a break and get away from being stuck at home, and help her in her recovery.
- Reason for picking Orlando, our 21 year old daughter is working at Epcot on the 'cultural exchange program' and we wanted to go and see her, she has been out there since June.
- Have hired a car with Budget.
- Have not purchased any park tickets yet as unsure how often we will use them as my sife has to rest and I wonder if going to the parks will be too much.
- In the past we've alwas hammered the parks and never had to take it easy. I'm sure you dont have to go crazy in the parks but I wonder is it worth paying that money if you dont use it? Are there nice places in the park to put your feet up and rest etc.
- Any non parks ideas?

Would appreciate any thoughts or previous similar experiences on how to approach this holiday considering this position we are in.

Personally I want to buy the park tickets but then I feel my wife might feel pressured, which is not the point of the holiday, the point is she needs to rest and start recovering aftre all her treatments.

Thanks
Hope you are having a lovely restful break. Be great to hear what you ended up doing. Hope your wife is feeling good and enjoying the sunshine. xxx
Old 19 Aug 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 170
Sorry I didn’t see this thread earlier, hope you’re having a lovely time!

Just wanted to say that I had almost identical treatments and very similar timing 10 years ago after diagnosis aged 44. We went to the French Alps in late July a couple of weeks after I finished rads and it was the best thing we could have done.

I had to be very careful with sun, fluffy new hair etc. At the start if the week I was very weak but by the end I was able to ride up the mountain a short way on a ski lift and walk back down (using walking poles). Only a few weeks before I’d needed two walking sticks to get around.

Getting some sunshine and a change of scene, plus no hospital visits and a healthy dose of normality was absolute the best medicine.

Ten years down the line I’m happy, healthy and fitter than I was before finding the lump.

Enjoy your holiday, all my love to your wife.
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Hogwarts
Excited about Disney

Hope you both have a lovely time and make some beautiful memories, enjoy seeing your daughter , happy holidays xx
Hogwarts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List