Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 10 Aug 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile Mini review of Be Our Guest August 2019

So being a good dibber I booked both breakfast and lunch here 180 days out.

Our breakfast was on Monday 5/8/19 at 8am

We had pre-ordered. We waited 15 minutes at our table, no food. Attracted a server's attention and she brought our food Straight away.

Unfortunately the feast a la gaston and the open faced croissant sandwiches were stone cold.

Another server took them away. When they came back the croissant was just about acceptable but the feast had no potatoes on it. Back it went again.

Meantime Dd2 had eaten her donut and enjoyed it. DH was so hungry he had eaten the bran muffin and DD1 had gone outside to line up for SDMT.

The grapes were OK in the fruit but the melon was pretty cabbagy so that got left.

Oh, and DH enjoyed a mimosa and my bellini on an empty stomach at 8.30am so he was happy enough.

If I had been paying real money for this the manager would have been called but as a dining plan novelty I suppose it was just about OK.

We were at the back of the line for sdmt but still walked on so at least that purpose was fulfilled.

Lunch was on the Saturday at 11.30 and was a better experience. DH I pre-ordered the beef sandwich. DD1 the crocque monsieur and we paid oop for DD2's onion soup.

We were served quickly. DD1 enjoyed her sandwich. The 2 French dips went back because the fries were cold.

I would have sent mine back again as the gravy was cold but then I thought maybe it was supposed to be like that.

The beef and the bread were OK. Could have done with a good dollop of Colman's English mustard. DH and I should have subbed one lot of fries for a salad and it would have been nicer. A kid on the next table had a nice looking slice of tomato that he had put on a napkin next to his plate. I had all on not to lean over and pinch it.

It was all pleasantly disappointing.

The best thing by far was the glass of cabernet I had. Best glass of wine so far - although at $16 a pop it ought to be.

We had a few cups of cold drinks and enjoyed a sit down so as a Qs meal it was OK.

Rating : Nice surroundings but don't pay real money 5/10
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Interesting review. We’d booked an ADR for lunch on Tuesday. We’d pre-ordered, but after 15 minutes waiting in the chaotic joke that was the queue to pay, we gave up - I think we would have been at least another 15-20 minutes looking at how slow it was moving. Inside looked packed as well. I do wonder if they take too many ADR bookings to cope with - especially with your experience of cold food.
Old 11 Aug 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Doesn’t sound great. We’re considering dropping our breakfast ADR and just going for lunch for the experience of going in the castle. Even then we might just share the french dip - it looks like it should be enough food as it’s quite big!

Thanks for sharing your experience.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post

We are OOP next trip and I had booked it for breakfast purely for pre park pending. I was glad to cancel when EEMH were announced, having been before I know the food is not up to much. I have got it booked for lunch, I am close to pre ordering and nothing is particularly enticing, I am contemplating just having soup and maybe a cake.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
Interesting review. We’d booked an ADR for lunch on Tuesday. We’d pre-ordered, but after 15 minutes waiting in the chaotic joke that was the queue to pay, we gave up - I think we would have been at least another 15-20 minutes looking at how slow it was moving. Inside looked packed as well. I do wonder if they take too many ADR bookings to cope with - especially with your experience of cold food.
Did you get charged a cancellation fee?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
Yes the line behind us was over the bridge with no shade. They were having a problem with the preorder check in.

It looked very busy inside but we didn't have a problem getting a table.

Edited at 02:29 PM.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sounds like nothing has changed. Shocking food last time we went .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Gipsy 4
slightly serious Dibber

Gipsy 4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
What time did you arrive at MK?
Gipsy 4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Doesn’t sound great. We’re considering dropping our breakfast ADR and just going for lunch for the experience of going in the castle. Even then we might just share the french dip - it looks like it should be enough food as it’s quite big!

Thanks for sharing your experience.
If on a dining plan and before 8.30 am it's worth it to get in the park early and get 1st go at sdmt.

You could easily share the sandwich. If you order an alcoholic drink you can still have as much soft drink as you like.
Old 11 Aug 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

We must be lucky as we've eaten there loads and have always had really good food and service. It's been a couple of years since we've been though so hope things haven't gone downhill as I'm looking forward to a few lunches in October 🤞

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List