Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Aug 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
I love your ride vehicle shirt, where did you get it? Commiserations on the sunburn...I’m always fine in the parks but burn the second I sit by a pool!
Thank you - I love it too and have been wearing it a lot at home as well. It was from Red Bubble.

Originally Posted by eleele View Post
What a great day! I also love the t-shirt!
Thanks! Would be very happy to be back there again right now!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Great day👍
Thank you! It was!

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
I had the maple creme brûlée on honeymoon in 2005 and I still remember how good it was 😍
Haha, now that is a long-standing food memory! (I also have many of those, mainly Disney ones). I would definitely have it again, it was the perfect end to a great meal.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
That meal looks amazing. I ummed and Ah ed about Le Cellier last year and in the end dropped it. I really shouldn't have done.
I really do like the Yacht and Beach, Boardwalk and even the Swolphin over all the other hotels above any of the others, all are lovely and amazing location.
Hello! Happy to have you along in the comments.

Ah, well you will just have to go back and make sure you book Le Cellier this time! Another good excuse to stay at the Boardwalk, it was such a lovely little stroll in to get dinner.
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
What a gloriously relaxed day! That pool truly is beautiful, I didn't realise it had a lazy river... amazing! And what a result having your bill cleared, a belated birthday present from Disney!

Oh that maple creme brûlée has got me drooling all over my keyboard! Creme brûlée is one of my absolute favourite desserts and that one looked unbelievably epic!

Loving the hat, A did well to ensure you bought that. An absolutely necessary purchase on your first full day as a 40 year old!

Love that you slowed the pace today, such a change from your normal behaviour! I am looking forward to doing the same on our upcoming trip, although with a whirlwind toddler in tow I imagine it will be somewhat less relaxed for us!

Super dooper, a 10/10 read!
Yes, a lazy river. I just keep adding things to add to make you guys consider an on-site stay.

Every time I see crème brulee, I always think of you as I know how much you love it. And this was a good one, alright.

A real change from our normal behaviour. Don't worry though, we pick up the pace again tomorrow!
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Your day at the pool seems so blissful, who knew there was waiter service there, how fab. Unfortunately, my OH does not understand the concept of relaxing.

Really looking forward to Le Cellier this year, we also haven't been since 2013, it's been too long since I had that fillet!
It was hard NOT to relax with a quiet pool area, really food drinks and waiter service. Just wonderful. Get him to try it some time!

Ah I am glad you have Le Cellier booked for this year. It has a very special place in my heart and I am always sad when we are on the QSDP as we just can't justify paying the OOP prices. The fillet is the best.
Old 18 Aug 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Seriously? They don't serve pancakes for breakfast at the Beach club QS! Well, that's it we can't ever stay there. I'm mildly disappointed there isn't a photo of Andy's celebration dance, perhaps some things are better left to the imagination.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Seriously? They don't serve pancakes for breakfast at the Beach club QS! Well, that's it we can't ever stay there. I'm mildly disappointed there isn't a photo of Andy's celebration dance, perhaps some things are better left to the imagination.
Nope. No pancakes. Waffles only. It surprised me too and I did, I think, even put a thread on here about it when I was looking at the menus ahead of time and considering cancelling the booking as a result. Yes, I am joking, but only just... but this turned out to be a pancake free trip, I think. Just not doing it right.

Hahaha well, he does several triumphal dances in an average month where he goes out of his way to prove me wrong about something, so maybe it isn't photo worthy to me any more. Ha.
Old 25 Aug 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Brilliant day, and bonus you got your bill credited

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Brilliant day, and bonus you got your bill credited
Thanks - yes, we were so surprised about that, a bit unnecessary but nice to be a recipient of the fabled Disney magic for once!