Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 16 Aug 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed in Katowice and drove into Krakow so cant help there, but what i will say is absolutely try to include the salt mines and also there are lots of lovely bars and restaurants around the square in Krakow. W e went in 1 and had a traditional polish bbq which is different types of polish sausage and other meats and accompaniments all cooked on an open fire in the restaurant. And so cheap!

My partner is Polish and thinks Krakow is expensive, IT IS NOT! haha
We got 3 courses for 3 people plus drinks and it came to about 50 quid!
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are going to Krakow in November and have booked the Hotel Imperial and managed to get it for £72 a night. It’s a 4 star right in the Old Town just off the square. Obviously not been yet but it was recommended by a few on here. The hotel emailed about an hour after booking to thank me and asked if they could organise a transfer from the airport which we’ve booked. They can also organise a private Auschwitz tour which we will do once we arrive

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
We are going to Krakow in November and have booked the Hotel Imperial and managed to get it for £72 a night. It’s a 4 star right in the Old Town just off the square. Obviously not been yet but it was recommended by a few on here. The hotel emailed about an hour after booking to thank me and asked if they could organise a transfer from the airport which we’ve booked. They can also organise a private Auschwitz tour which we will do once we arrive
That is a really good price. I tried the Imperial but it was too expensive for us. I have had problems getting 2 rooms in the same hotel and finding a room for 3 people in particular. I have booked a hotel called Golden Tulip in the Kaimierz area. It has good reviews, was reasonable especially as it included a buffet breakfast. It came to £290 for a room for 3. It might be a bit naff but it’s only 3 nights.
Do you think it is best booking the tour when we get there. I will email hotel to get an idea of prices.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Hi !
Hope you don’t mind me asking but how much did the hotel quote for the transfer please ?
The hotel has quoted 80 zl. Does this sound right ?
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Hi !
Hope you don’t mind me asking but how much did the hotel quote for the transfer please ?
80zl is quite good for a private transfer. We usually take the train which is around £1.50 each but I think a taxi is around 100zl.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by cheekydeeky View Post
80zl is quite good for a private transfer. We usually take the train which is around £1.50 each but I think a taxi is around 100zl.
Thank you. It sounded a lot until I checked the exchange rate ! The hotel did say it would be 100 zl if we had a lot of luggage but we won’t have too much.

My daughter is looking forward to the trip even more now she has learned there is a Sephora !
Old 18 Aug 19, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi !
Hi ya, just checked my emails. They’ve quoted us 100 zl so 80 is a good price!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

That is a really good price. I tried the Imperial but it was too expensive for us. I have had problems getting 2 rooms in the same hotel and finding a room for 3 people in particular. I have booked a hotel called Golden Tulip in the Kaimierz area. It has good reviews, was reasonable especially as it included a buffet breakfast. It came to £290 for a room for 3. It might be a bit naff but it’s only 3 nights.
Do you think it is best booking the tour when we get there. I will email hotel to get an idea of prices.
That’s a shame, we must have booked in a sale. I do think with a city break you’re hardly in the room so I wouldn’t worry too much! I didn’t want to spend too much as this is a cheeky extra trip for just the 2 of us this year.
I’m not sure when is best to book the tour. The only reason I was waiting until we get there is because of the weather. Being late November it could be changeable and as we have 2 full days, there might be one that was better than the other.

IG - alicialanesmith