Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 16 Aug 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m not sure I’d have time for the DDP, we do the regular and sometimes that’s too much! All those table and snack credits!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Claudette I did say in my post about signature meals as we all do when on either plan, but is still a lot of food as well as time . If you use snack credit etc on water and don't have deserts then you might as well stick with ddp . But each to there own, we are all trying to give constructive advise.

Edited at 11:14 PM.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 04:31 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Claudette I did say in my post about signature meals as we all do when on either plan, but is still a lot of food as well as time . If you use snack credit etc on water and don't have deserts then you might as well stick with ddp . But each to there own, we are all trying to give constructive advise.
I use my snack credits in the same way and don’t have desserts when I have the regular plan, so no, I might as well not stick with it.

As I said, for me the benefit of the deluxe plan was being able to eat in whatever restaurant I like (not balance TS vs QS) and in being able to pick whatever I want from the menus. There are always comments about volume of food which I have tried to balance.

Don’t really understand your comment about being constructive, I thought I was being based on my own experience of using the deluxe plan and I have not said anybody else was not.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Thanks everybody, I've got lots of thinking to do!

My heart is saying Deluxe... and actually so is my head because we DO all love Signature food.

The only thing that's stopping me is the idea of trying to,fit in all the rides around all the eating. But if we did breakfast TS then Signature for,dinner that wouldn't be a problem.
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
I think for us it wouldn’t be a good idea. We seldom eat two cooked meals a day at home and don’t really snack. Plus we suffer from what we call ‘Florida Syndrome’. This means that from about the third day in we are no longer hungry at all! We put it down to the heat and humidity. Plus we eat quite differently at home and our systems just can’t take it! When we do use signature restaurants we pay oop and the numbers just don’t add up for us.

Edited at 10:21 AM.
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by BaconAndAvocado View Post
Thanks everybody, I've got lots of thinking to do!

My heart is saying Deluxe... and actually so is my head because we DO all love Signature food.

The only thing that's stopping me is the idea of trying to,fit in all the rides around all the eating. But if we did breakfast TS then Signature for,dinner that wouldn't be a problem.
I’ve never had a dining plan before, but upgraded from QDSP to DxDDP (I did it in stages, DDP when booked then DxDDP a few weeks later) more because I wanted the option to do a few signatures and have some special nights without having to pay OOP for it or something else if we ran out of credits. There’s also a few places where I think I really want a starter (even if it’s just a salad because I struggle to keep my energy up without my 5 a day!) and feel I could take dessert to go and have it for breakfast the next day!

I may have made a mistake, but if it’s your last trip, I would go for it. I think it will offer a lot of flexibility. For us, we can have the signatures we want, can still do QS when needed and the character breakfasts too!
sbchannel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I wouldn’t no. I could not eat three TS meals a day. I also could not eat a cooked TS breakfast and a signature TS meal every day. I can’t work my way through the regular dining plan TBH. We have started to book several signature meals a trip on the regular plan as this gives us a fighting chance of eating our snacks as meal alternatives some days. Now. If I offered the deluxe plan to DH he would bite my hand off. It’s never happening though!
Old 19 Aug 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Disney
VIP Dibber

We've just booked Deluxe Dining for next year, a week at the Beach Club.
We have done the regular dining plan the past 4 trips, and always managed to used all the credits. We will most likely have 2 sit downs per day, a breakfast and a late 2 credit dinner.

I'm looking forward to it
2012 - SSR 2014 - SSR & HRH 2015 - OKW & HRH 2018 - OKW & RPR Club level
Mrs Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Well, I've done it! We will be on the deluxe Dining płan. Yippeeee!

I am very, very excited and will no doubt be a regular visitor in these parts over the next year!
Old 20 Aug 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
VickyJ
Apprentice Imagineer

VickyJ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We did Deluxe a few years ago and for us it was to much food and more importantly way to much time. It seemed like our whole holiday revolved around ADRs. We seemed to be spending so much time in restaurants that it detracted from the whole holiday
Poly isles 03-Portofino bay 06-Cypress point 2006-Port Orleans 09-Hard Rock 2010-AKL feb 11-Reunion Grande Jn 11-POR+Cruise Aug 13-OKW Aug 16-SSR Feb 17-S/Springs Aug17-Hyatt Aug17-VC Feb18-AKL Oct 19
I-Creek Jan 20, Vista cay 2022
VickyJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List