Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Aug 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Perhaps (Im not making any criticism) their business model is to use one persons deposit to pay for tickets for someone going sooner. If so then they would risk issues from agreeing a cost with you but not booking your flights until nearer the time. If the prices go up they lose. If they cancel and say flights arent available.
Even if that's the case, you don't cancel people's flights when they've paid or the entire flight, recieved the reference number & paid extra for bubble seats, (like myself) you don't get dates wrong on the car hire, you don't misspell customers names, the list goes on as to what this company does, as people have said (myself included) that once they have that initial deposit, you can forget about any kind of customer service, it's non existent.

The utter crap they come out with when you do get hold of them is comical (I can say that now, not so much at the time) they are suppose to take the stress away from you so that we as customers don't have to worry, well from personal experience, you can forget about it being stress free.

Up until we got to the airport & checked in, because of ALL the trouble these morons caused, I wasn't even convinced I was on the flight...
DisneyBobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mickie View Post
And the Citizens Advice helpline will report issues to Trading Standards who will intervene. I had them call me up following a report I made to ask if the matter had been resolved. When I said it hadnt despite excellent advice from Citizens Advice the guy from Trading Standards said I think ill give them a call

Two days later I got the following short email from a company who had ignored everything.

We have made a full refund this closes the matter

citizensadvice.uk/co...ing-standards/

Not sure Citizens Advice woudl get involved, as FM are being ≈≈≈≈≈ and offering terrible customer service they have not failed to deliver what they have agreed to. I am assuming like most of us the TS booked non refundable flights and whilst you would hope that the TA would try and accommodate a move they probably have no obligation to. If FM called you up and wanted to move your flights by a day you would be quite rightly livid, if it were me I would either fly out a day later on my own or cancel if I were to only lose the deposit.

I always DIY using agents for the tickets and Disney bot (Orlando Attractions) but I can not see why anyone on these forums woudl still use them, I am assuming that the thread starter booked before their problems were reported on here.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Perhaps (Im not making any criticism) their business model is to use one persons deposit to pay for tickets for someone going sooner. If so then they would risk issues from agreeing a cost with you but not booking your flights until nearer the time. If the prices go up they lose. If they cancel and say flights arent available.
I thought that was forbidden under ATOL I thought all monies paid has to sit in Escrow until return I may be wrong but I am sure I read that a few years ago.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Not sure Citizens Advice woudl get involved, as FM are being ≈≈≈≈≈ and offering terrible customer service they have not failed to deliver what they have agreed to. I am assuming like most of us the TS booked non refundable flights and whilst you would hope that the TA would try and accommodate a move they probably have no obligation to. If FM called you up and wanted to move your flights by a day you would be quite rightly livid, if it were me I would either fly out a day later on my own or cancel if I were to only lose the deposit.

I always DIY using agents for the tickets and Disney bot (Orlando Attractions) but I can not see why anyone on these forums woudl still use them, I am assuming that the thread starter booked before their problems were reported on here.
Not everyone reads all threads on here.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Not everyone reads all threads on here.
Thank you for such insightful input, very worthwhile post !
Old 21 Aug 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

quite the delight is Andybear...
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

The way you post though, you seem to assume everyone reads every thread.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
voicon
Apprentice Imagineer

voicon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hey, I put my new shoes on and suddenly everything is right.
voicon is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
LouH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Oh my god update!
So still no tickets copious emails and phone calls etc

I leff a review on trustpilot about 8 weeks ago

They phoned today
Take the part down that says using peoples money to fund holidays or we will refund the full costs tiday

I told them that was blackmail and my husband thinks we should agree but Im livid! We are still being told we wont get our e-tickets for the flight until 4 weeks before...
United airlines have no info on us and Florida Masters say theyll sit us together as we are a family (9)

We travel in 9 1/2 weeks!

Im so angry right now I dont know what to do
LouH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Take it down then once you had your holiday leave a review and say they blackmailed you
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List