Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 15 Aug 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lemmonie
Excited about Disney

Mobile Kennedy launch viewing

Where can I pull over in the car to watch a launch from KSC? Have been there last year and visited the actual visitor complex so don’t want to do a ticketed viewing but would like to see the launch next week.
Lemmonie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

We spoke to a KSC worker on launch day last month, and he said if he wasn’t at work, he’d be on cocoa beach to watch it.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

We always go to Cocoa beach to watch any launch ,its a great view from there
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Apart from VIP viewing arranged by a friend former so her god sons 21st for a shuttle launch the coco beach
Second best was a unexpected as it been prosponed days shuttle launch in HS just by the steam boat whole place erupted never seen anything so patriotic in my life
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

Cocoa beach great place to view a launch
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

We watched a launch from a pier at Titusville. Lots of locals there was a great atmosphere.
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
florida2010
Imagineer

florida2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 177
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
We watched a launch from a pier at Titusville. Lots of locals there was a great atmosphere.
Would second this - Titusville is a really nice family friendly location. Cocoa Beach can get a little rough at times and the general area can be a little dodgy. Not wanting to scare anyone but on our last trip to Cocoa area the day before a launch we pulled over to sort out directions and a local came up to our hire car and pulled out a weapon. Scariest episode I’ve ever had in the US after numerous visits. We had to drive off quickly. Sorry but wild horses couldn’t get me back to Cocoa area after this.

The jetty area up at Titusville is really great and has reasonable parking space. If its a SpaceX launch and they are landing at landing zone 1 you also can see this down the coast from Titusville. If you have time I’d check out the area before launch day. Good luck. It’s an amazing experience.
| First Disney Cruise & Beach Club August 2015 | Cane Island July 2016 & Dream Cruise
florida2010 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Do5-BaG
Very Serious Dibber

Doubt this is a thing anymore, but I seem to remember been in Orlando as a young kid and my parents taking me to Sea World on a night to watch the launch, they also had a live feed on the big screen from KSC if I remember rightly, either that or I was dreaming.
Old 16 Aug 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

We watched a shuttle from there - amazing both visually and sound and vibrations on the ground ! Got some great photos which I could share but can never work out how to load on the Dibb !
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Saw the Atlantis shuttle launch from here. Car park and a McDonald's next door. Great experience.