Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Aug 19, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahly
Gone all Goofy

Cost of October flights (23/10-11/11 approx)

I know this sort of question probably gets asked a lot but I've searched previous threads and I can't find any answers. I'm driving myself mad on various search engines trying to get an idea of what flights might cost.

So can anyone please tell me what they paid for flights for this time of year for 2018/2019? Looking to fly from either London direct or somewhere up North (England) either direct or indirect.

I don't know why I am spending so much time thinking about this, the price will be whatever it is. Patience has never been one of my strengths.

Thanks for any replies!
sarahly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We paid £446 pp Man -atl-Mco 28/10-11/11. We looked for months but Grabbed them as everything was over £600 -£800 pp from man
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We’ve paid £1900 for 4 of us, Gatwick to Tampa out and Miami to Heathrow home 13/10 to 26/10 with a Tahoe or similar car. So £475pp (2 adults and 2 kids aged 13 & 11) All direct flights and a drive in the states but we would rather that than go indirect and change planes as dh gates flying!

Edited at 08:28 AM.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
ando88
Helping Mickey

Mobile

I paid £1800 for 2 adults 2 children. LGW - MCO direct both ways. 20Oct to 3 Nov 2019.
ando88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahly
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Thanks guys, that’s helpful. I think I would rather fly indirect into Orlando than direct to another Florida airport, don’t plan on hiring a car apart from maybe for a few days mid holiday.

Which sites do you use for checking prices. I’ve mostly used skyscanner in the past but actually think Kayak seems to work better for this trip as it lets you set the arrival time (I think I’d prefer not to arrive very late into Orlando, some of the indirect flights I’ve seen have you landing at 23.30).
sarahly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
wdw1991
Imagineer

Mobile

We go 1st October flydrive with BA direct flights Gatwick to Orlando £1091 that’s 2 adults and a lap chikd
wdw1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
cityblueboy
VIP Dibber

cityblueboy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
£1900 man-lhr-mia. out 18/10 return 2/11. 2 adults 2 kids (13&9) included car hire as well with BA/Avis
cityblueboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We paid £1200 for last year with ba
24th October - 7th November
1 adult 2 kids
That was indirect from Edinburgh via Gatwick on way there and coming back was Orlando-jfk-Heathrow-newcastle (could have got the flight back into Edinburgh via Gatwick but wanted to land in Newcastle to get straight home, I think it was a similar price tbh)
Also included a night in pop century hotel as ended up flying the day before out Disney stay started.

The other flights we considered was klm going newcastle - Amsterdam - Orlando
These were a similar price to the ba ones. Hey
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
xXxSammi88xXx
VIP Dibber

In january ba had direct flights for those exact dates for £1798 for 4 ppl inc car hire
xXxSammi88xXx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahly
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disneyleo View Post
We paid £1200 for last year with ba
24th October - 7th November
1 adult 2 kids
That was indirect from Edinburgh via Gatwick on way there and coming back was Orlando-jfk-Heathrow-newcastle (could have got the flight back into Edinburgh via Gatwick but wanted to land in Newcastle to get straight home, I think it was a similar price tbh)
Also included a night in pop century hotel as ended up flying the day before out Disney stay started.

The other flights we considered was klm going newcastle - Amsterdam - Orlando
These were a similar price to the ba ones. Hey
How did you get from home (near Newcastle?) to Edinburgh airport? Train?

I live a bit further south than you, KLM also fly from Teesside which I’ve done before for other long haul destinations but when I’m looking at the minute that option seems to get you in late.

Manchester we could reach easily by train, it’s also not a bad drive for us (probably quicker than the train actually) but it’s the drive on return that’s always a bit rubbish. Which is the same problem from London but might be worth it if it’s for direct flights at a good price.