Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Aug 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Getting the most out of your Fp's

Does anyone else feel that when in the parks a lot of people simply dont use their FP's or simply dont check them to switch leaving them static..

Reason i say is because we joined many queues on our trip this month where they were FP's available for the said time stamp but people are still joining the standby lines - dont get me wrong im not complaining...

We would on average do at least 10 fp's from rope drop till early afternoon using FP to save any major queue times.. Some days we have used our 3x fp's by 9:30am when the park opened at 9am. (this enables us to park hope then or take advantage of the next available FP for any ride within the next 15 mins.

As we've done the parks many times, we know what we like but also save FP's on other days for headliner rides and stack them together, ie, splash mountian, BTM and 7DMT for a 3 hour window.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

I must be rusty I thought even if you booked one and used it you would have to wait till the end of that slot for another. Do they disappear and open up for booking again once you use it?

I think California and max pass has muddled my mind
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tco200 View Post
I must be rusty I thought even if you booked one and used it you would have to wait till the end of that slot for another. Do they disappear and open up for booking again once you use it?

I think California and max pass has muddled my mind

dont need to wait - we've been doing this for years now -

As an example,
I will book FP's at fairytale hall for princess for 9am, book the 2nd fp for 10am again at fairytale and then 3rd at Aerial. /little mermaid m&g

The second we walk in to the ride at 9am scanning our first pass, i switch the 10am fp to 09:05am save and the 11am fp to say 10:15 or as close as possible to the end time of the other one.

Once out of the first FP, (normally 5 mins) walk to 2nd FP which opens at 09:05, once scanned in, switch the 3rd fp to 9:15am ish... Or close as poss.

Go to 3rd FP, this time its say 9:20, by 9:30am we have used our FP's which means we can then just book any ride at the next earliest slot and do that through the day, (can mean a lot of back and forth walking if you dont know the location of the rides) and continuing this throughout the day, but enables us to park hop if wanted. At some point in that day, you will find a headliner ride slot pop up more than likely so just book that, ie- 7DMT may pop up in 60 mins time, so you may want to grab that and use the next 60 mins to relax / shop, ride the ride and then keep grabing FP's for the rest of the day.

Of course, this works for us as we've been many times so dont have the pressure to do everything a 1st timer may want to do, we like to do this for say 5 hours, get it all done and then leave for late afternoon in the pool.

Edited at 05:47 PM.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Tap and grab is great, but subject to availability of course
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by RickT View Post

As an example,
I will book FP's at fairytale hall for princess for 9am, book the 2nd fp for 10am again at fairytale and then 3rd at Aerial. /little mermaid m&g

The second we walk in to the ride at 9am scanning our first pass, i switch the 10am fp to 09:05am save and the 11am fp to say 10:15 or as close as possible to the end time of the other one.

Once out of the first FP, (normally 5 mins) walk to 2nd FP which opens at 09:05, once scanned in, switch the 3rd fp to 9:15am ish... Or close as poss.

Go to 3rd FP, this time its say 9:20, by 9:30am we have used our FP's which means we can then just book any ride at the next earliest slot and do that through the day, (can mean a lot of back and forth walking if you dont know the location of the rides) and continuing this throughout the day, but enables us to park hop if wanted. At some point in that day, you will find a headliner ride slot pop up more than likely so just book that, ie- 7DMT may pop up in 60 mins time, so you may want to grab that and use the next 60 mins to relax / shop, ride the ride and then keep grabing FP's for the rest of the day.

Of course, this works for us as we've been many times so dont have the pressure to do everything a 1st timer may want to do, we like to do this for say 5 hours, get it all done and then leave for late afternoon in the pool.
That’s a really good tip, I don’t think I’d have thought to start moving fast passes forward after our first one, thanks
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Not everyone wants to be on their phones though and the WiFi is shocking sometimes.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

Tap & Grab is great and we use that method a lot. I think though that lots of people who visit aren't at all savvy about how it works, I don't even think that people are always aware that it's included in their ticket price.

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Not everyone wants to be on their phones though and the WiFi is shocking sometimes.
Takes seconds (I’d say a minute tops) to amend a FP and all of the party can be done in one go.

Sometimes you have to refresh a few times for better timeslots, but that’s usually an exception rather than the norm.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Takes seconds (I’d say a minute tops) to amend a FP and all of the party can be done in one go.

Sometimes you have to refresh a few times for better timeslots, but that’s usually an exception rather than the norm.
Only if the WiFi works, we had major problems last visit so gave up . At the kiosks there were no additional fp left either , depends on the day and how busy it is and as I said not everyone wants to be on their phone regardless of how long it supposedly takes.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by RickT View Post

As an example,

Super

I think my brain can only take so much and because Disneyland was our last trip it was reverting to that!
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List