Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 16 Aug 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile Trick or treating in Celebration

Hi all, we are going to MNSSHP on Oct 27th dressing up as the toy story gang, we are also going to celebration on the 31st but I can’t decide whether to wear our costumes again or more traditional Halloween costumes, anyone done both, what would you do?
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

We did both and wore the same costumes - all 5 of us wore matching skeleton costumes (bought from Asda), and the kids can’t wait to wear them again in the uk this year.

We loved Trick or Treating in Celebration, get there early, and the locals were so friendly. The people in Celebration will love that you’re wearing matching costumes, many noticed that we matched and said we looked great
NY and Boston July 2020

Edited at 07:24 PM.
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Weddingnyc View Post
We did both and wore the same costumes - all 5 of us wore matching skeleton costumes (bought from Asda), and the kids can’t wait to wear them again in the uk this year.

We loved Trick or Treating in Celebration, get there early, and the locals were so friendly. The people in Celebration will love that you’re wearing matching costumes, many noticed that we matched and said we looked great
Thanks for that, matching skeleton costumes is a great idea😀did you take them with you or buy them over there?
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahly
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

We’re going to be in Florida next Halloween. I don’t really fancy any of the theme park special events but I think we’d quite enjoy Celebration. Thing is my daughter will be 17, so well past the trick or treating age, would it be weird for us to go just to wander round and see the decorations and costumes?
sarahly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

We took them with us, we wanted something easy to wear in the heat, although there was loads of choice in Walmart. We didn’t want anything with masks or facepaint, and we ate in a Town Tavern before hand and changed in the car.
MNSSHP and Celebration are the things the kids still mention, we had a great time.
We also took lots of glow sticks.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sarahly View Post
We’re going to be in Florida next Halloween. I don’t really fancy any of the theme park special events but I think we’d quite enjoy Celebration. Thing is my daughter will be 17, so well past the trick or treating age, would it be weird for us to go just to wander round and see the decorations and costumes?
Definitely go and see the houses! The place gets really busy, lots of kids and adults, no one would notice - or care! It is really friendly, the homeowners loved chatting to the kids.

We did go early (2pm for lunch) and started from the town square at 5.30ish, and around Lake Evalyn, where the multimillion pound mansions were. I recommend going early, when it got darker, 9.30ish, the walkways were really busy and it was harder to see where to walk.
NY and Boston July 2020
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Weddingnyc View Post
We took them with us, we wanted something easy to wear in the heat, although there was loads of choice in Walmart. We didn’t want anything with masks or facepaint, and we ate in a Town Tavern before hand and changed in the car.
MNSSHP and Celebration are the things the kids still mention, we had a great time.
We also took lots of glow sticks.
That’s great, I’ll start looking when the costumes start arriving in the shops here😀
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sarahly View Post
My eldest is 19 and I’ll be making him dress up to😂
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Is there a particular way/ direction to head for once we are there or do we just follow the crowds?
Old 16 Aug 19, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahly
Gone all Goofy

Haha thanks for the replies, I'll definitely put this on our list then. I think C will love it; she'd probably be totally up for dressing up actually - maybe we could just pretend to be with a family with little kids!

I like the plan to arrive early and eat first, its a Saturday in 2020 as well so a good day to have break from the parks.
sarahly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List