Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 Aug 19, 04:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisatink
Getting Excited

Mobile Highs and lows of our 5th trip to Florida Aquatica, Millers Ale House and the Rodeo

Today has been a very busy day and our last day in Orlando before we move to Marco Island.
I got up early and packed a suitcase we have got to be out early tomorrow so trying to be organised.
Once we were all up and dressed we met our friends in the Ihop in Berry Town Centre. My sugars are a lot better today but as we are going to a water park I have removed my insulin pump and gone back to needles. It's quite weird not wearing the pump as it is my constant companion, on the other hand it was nice not to have the little critter hanging around.
I am also really pleased that after a week of Water parks, rollercoasters, Dolphin swimming ect.. my libre sensor is still attached to my arm. This means that I can use my mobile phone to scan the sensor and see what my blood sugars are.
After breakfast we headed to Aquatica, we went earlier in the week but due to it being very busy and bad weather we didn't really get much done.

This time was a lot more successful with us riding all of the slides, some two maybe three times.
The lazy river is good fun as it is very fast! Its not compulsory but a good idea to wear a life jacket as you can just bob along with the current of the water. You have to be prepared when you reach your exit as you will zoom past as the children 'accidentally' did many times!🙄😁
By about 5pm we called it a day as we wanted to get something to eat early because we had booked Rodeo tickets for 8pm.
We went to Miller's Ale House. We really liked it here. The service was good, big portions of food at reasonable prices and a varied menu. I am sorry that we have only just tried this restaurant as I would like to go back.
We then left to drive to...

I'm not sure what I expected from this, we bought the tickets from Groupon which are still available and can be used on a Friday night until October.

I tried to take pictures but they aren't great.
It was good to watch, from the looks of it local people turn up to compete in the Bull riding and barrel racing. The audience are invited to join in with certain activities and there was someone doing a Lasoo demonstration.

We enjoyed this and there were lots of tourists but I also felt that we were joining in with locals for the evening.
After the Rodeo there is a bar with country and western music which I loved. Lily and I had a dance and we bought a Lasoo!

If you are thinking of going here, go with an open mind, it is a working ranch and is definitely not Disney! We really enjoyed it and would go again.
Driving home in the dark was a challenge as we were off the tourist route and driving on small roads. We had a Raccoon run in front of the car and a Lizard stuck in the window wipers!
We got home around 11pm so a very long busy day but lots of fun.
Tomorrow we will.be saying goodbye to our villa in Davenport and moving onto Marco Island where we will be enjoying a slower pace with fishing and visiting beaches.
Thank you for reading
Lisatink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisatink
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kissedafrog View Post
Looks fab, definitely something different to do 😀

Do you mind if I ask, do you uses a tegaderm over your libre sensor?
Thanks for sharing 💕
No I don't use anything. I emailed there customer service to ask what the best thing was to keep it on and they wouldn't recommend anything. They said I shouldn't cover it. I haven't had much luck with the sensors in the past and have normally lost them within 3 to 4 days which is really annoying! I did try that sports tape that people use for muscles (maybe that is tegaderm?) I tried it when we had that really hot weather in England around a month ago. Where I sweated the tape just came off.
This time I have put the libre right around the back of my arm, almost underneath and this seems to have stopped it getting caught. I do still have four days to go and it is feeling a little unstuck now.
It is annoying when they come off!
X
Lisatink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List