Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 17 Aug 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
voicon
Apprentice Imagineer

voicon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
As someone said get Avis to deliver a new car and collect the other one at your convenience to save wasting anymore time on your holiday. Make sure you know what they are going to bring first though so your happy with it.

Ask them what they are going to do to compensate you for the time wasted so far, at least a tank of fuel I'd say.

Main thing though, don't let it ruin your holiday its happened there nothing you can do but get them to resolve it best you can make them, enjoy your holiday.
voicon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Remember amber warning lights advisory ( nowt really to worry about).
Red immediate attention required.
Hire fleets work on numbers when service is due its due.
It needs to turn wheels to make money.
Re sale value at given mileage is top priority.
Me You get a good un a meh one most of time a ≈≈≈≈≈ one as often as a no mileage good un.
Not defending carhire companies or hirers just the nature of beast.
Customer of 1000s of hires mostly work based.

Edited at 12:21 PM.
duncanb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Mobile

Take it back to another avid depot and swap it out, you may struggle for the same class but they'll swap you out no problem.

These things happen and can't be predicted, could easily happen with any rental company so harsh to blame avis
Old 17 Aug 19, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
l33na
VIP Dibber

Tbh we haven’t had the best customer service from Avis over the last few years in a similar manner where we’ve been asked to go back to exchange a car and ended up with another problem. I too would think they would check cars before renting them out. I know I would be furious if it happened a third time and it would make me consider if I would hire from them in the future or not. Everyone has different experiences and different tolerances.

With regards to delivering a replacement car I was told they didn’t do this. I’ve spent nearly two hours at the airport waiting for a replacement too.

As BA link with Avis and I fly with them I’ve always continued to hire from Avis. We had an oil change light this time but was told it was fine so kept the car.
l33na is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 02:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. I feel your pain. I would be bouncing off the walls.
I have had many yellow warning lights come on and just ignore them. I have even propped a small box on the dash by the warning light to hide it as it was annoying me.

The problem with asking them to bring a car is they sub contract towing and delivery out and you will be hanging around for ages waiting for the low loader.

Although it goes against the grain I would take it back to MCO, dump it and hunt out a Manager. I would be there at 7.00am when it’s very quiet.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 03:50 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

We had an issue 2 years ago where an oil warning light kept coming on. We were touring California and I went to swap the car, but they didn't have a nice SUV replacement. They told me not to worry.

The warning went from change soon to now so i went to my 3rd Avis. The lady checked, saw that the car had had an oil change just before my rental. I got her to give me a note to confirm this and she told me how to turn the oil warning indicator off.

It would have been nice if one of the first 2 had checked the service history.

Edited at 03:51 AM.
tocpe321 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
If you using Avis via BA then I would feed back to BA, unless people tell them about issue and/or poor customer service by Avis they will near know.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by robotango View Post
Let’s agree to disagree, you call it bad luck I call it more than that, the car had done 15k and will have a manufactures service schedule to be followed way before the car itself tells you it “needs it soon”,
It doesn’t work like that on US cars, it’ll be on variable servicing and typically cars there ask for an oil change somewhere around 7K miles, so this vehicle will have been serviced once already. As an owner you get used to when it’s likely to appeared but nothing Avis can do until it does.

I definitely wouldn’t have kept the car with 4WD fault though. Actually most Jeeps in Florida are only 2WD so you were unlucky getting a proper one.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List