Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Aug 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

I only take tea and coffee, and always declare it, Last year the immigration officer in Miami laughed and said "I hope it is Tetleys"
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MarkUKinOrlando View Post
You can save luggage space and buy your tea bags here. Publix and Walmart both carry UK teabags. Usually boxes of 40 or 80. The International Food Club near Universal sell larger amounts and more varieties.
Altho it’s a while since I checked, SW Fl supermarkets don’t sell decaf Yorkshire Tea or decaf L’Or coffee. As all our gear is on Bokeelia, our cabin sized case is used for 800g of ziplocked L’Or, YT and a few odds ‘n ends. Generally we’re happy with Fl groceries but no way can we go nigh on 6 month without a decent decaf YT/L’Or brew.
Old 19 Aug 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Really? So the official US C&BP web site that I linked in my post #20 saying that you should declare them is incorrect then?

Mick
Yo Gadgey, got a reet nice brick wall if you wanna bang your head off it bonny lad. Re the official CBP website on admissible consumables must be declared, perhaps they forgot the site addendum advising Dibbers are exempt from their declaration rule

It really isn't rocket science, with respect to IO's, they aren't fully au fait/get things wrong, like the IO who inadvertently keystroked me into the US as VWP vs B2 visa holder that saw me mistakenly flagged as a 61 day overstayer... take their laughs and shrugs on the chin and follow the official CBP rule, declare admissible imports.
Old 20 Aug 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
OMG I've been taking loose tea for YEARS and I've never declared it. I just didn't consider tea to be 'food' I guess
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

If you take tea in a thermos already made, is this different?
Not practical I know, but just asking.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
If you take tea in a thermos already made, is this different?
Not practical I know, but just asking.
I'm assuming it's a light-hearted hypothetical question.

Three options. You've made a full flask up and packed it into your checked luggage to retrieve after the carousel. You've boiled up a brew of less than 100ml and taken it through security in the UK. You've boiled up a brew somehow when you're airside.

But no idea sorry.

Mick
Old 20 Aug 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

How about the 100ml option. Make 100ml of extremely concentrated tea that you add to hot water.

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I'm assuming it's a light-hearted hypothetical question.

Three options. You've made a full flask up and packed it into your checked luggage to retrieve after the carousel. You've boiled up a brew of less than 100ml and taken it through security in the UK. You've boiled up a brew somehow when you're airside.

But no idea sorry.

Mick
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
snail999
Trying for More Ears

snail999's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If you can afford to go to Disney, you can afford to buy t bags over there! Stops all the hassle.
snail999 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Altho it’s a while since I checked, SW Fl supermarkets don’t sell decaf Yorkshire Tea or decaf L’Or coffee. As all our gear is on Bokeelia, our cabin sized case is used for 800g of ziplocked L’Or, YT and a few odds ‘n ends. Generally we’re happy with Fl groceries but no way can we go nigh on 6 month without a decent decaf YT/L’Or brew.
Well if they don’t sell Yorkshire tea, then I’m definitely taking my own.☺️
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by snail999 View Post
If you can afford to go to Disney, you can afford to buy t bags over there! Stops all the hassle.
They don’t sell Barrys tea in Orlando.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List