Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Aug 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

We usually go end of Aug. I’d always express pass it...if i can save even just couple of hours a day queuing by staying in a good quality walking distance hotel then it’s a no brainer for me. 👍
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ontwofronts
Excited about Disney

The last week of August is noticeably less busy than the week before.

I got around everything pretty easily on the last Sunday in August last year
ontwofronts is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MaryMendes
Excited about Disney

It’s busy in both the Universal Parks today. In other years it’s not been as bad as this.
MaryMendes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks all, might be best to stay overnight then!
Old 20 Aug 19, 03:34 AM  
Link to this Post
kipperphill
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by stormflm595 View Post
Thanks!

Would you be able to update me on how it is? We have used the busy day guide but not sure if that will be much help as I imagine Orlando will be busier next Summer with Galaxies Edge being open etc.
Our last day was today and we have been here 5 days. It was fine in all three Universal parks until today, when it became very busy. As I mentioned above, a Universal employee said it was because seasonal pass holders became eligible today... so perhaps temporary.
kipperphill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

We always go at the end of August (except this year when we went in June as the kids have finished school) and we always stay onsite for the Express passes.

It is quieter but it can still be busy. Some rides (Despicable Me / Kong / Dudley Do Right in particular) have long queues most of the day and a lot of the headline rides like Hulk, Rip Ride Rocket, Gringotts vary a lot and can get up to 50 mins or longer.

If you plan your day (get up early for opening, do the busier rides early or late) then it is manageable. Once you have tried Express though it is difficult to go back
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
RickyRaccoon
Chilling at Carribean Beach

We went the last two weeks of August last year into the first couple of days of September and used the busy day guide specifically for Universal days but we managed fine, not a lot of queuing, got there just after opening at 9am. Only thing I'd say about universal in August that we found is with the weather being so changeable any threat of lightning they close the outdoor coasters, so everyone heads to the transformers/mummy/kong etc and the ride times spike.
RickyRaccoon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jfk
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We've been here since the 7th, Universal has been steady but IOA has been very busy up until this weekend when there was a noticeable drop off. Just got back in now after a full day in both and it was the quietest yet - Hagrid was 180 which is just about as low as we've seen it.
New York/Villa Highgrove Aug 15
Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando Aug 19
jfk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List