Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Aug 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
update Diazepam for flying, dr refused!

Last year my gp gave dd diazepam for a flight, she was relaxed and happy and wasn’t sick once. This year I phoned the gp to get two more and a another dr said no. I explained how dd is in a state and vomits all the way there and back. She said if there’s an emergency it wasnt safe to give. I have some diazepam in the house that have expired shall I give them to her! I just don’t know what to do, we are going to have hours of misery and dd saying she’s never going away again!
update post 120!

Edited at 02:39 PM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

No of course not !
Make her an appointment with the GP to discuss options.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
KateD
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Definitely don’t give out of date medication that wasn’t prescribed it may be the wrong dose. I would phone doctor and request a consultation to discuss different options.

Kate
KateD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh that’s a shame as I know how much Diazepam can help with flight anxiety. Have you asked for low dose 2mg? If they only prescribed a dozen of them it would help. They often give 5mg and that can knock you out but 2mg is low enough not to do that. If they won’t I think the out of date ones should be ok I suppose it depends how out of date they are as they become less effective. DH has used out of date ones and they still worked ok.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I wouldn’t give out of date medicine. I’d ring and ask for an appointment with a different doctor.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
As above, don't give her out of date stuff.

Go to the doctor. You need to discuss it.
I'm not surprised they wouldn't do it over the phone.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
I asked her in the phone what she can give she said nothing, my dd has tried sickness bands, meds and nothing worked. Last year was the best flight in ages, I told her how my dd is on a flight and she couldn’t care less, I hardly think giving two diazepam is going to make her into a junkie! I really don’t know what to do she said there’s nothing she can do apart from long term antidepressants which is rubbish. My dd is fine in everyday life!
Old 20 Aug 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
I phoned yesterday and they said I could phone up, is that why because I did it on the phone I’m happy to go there tomorrow with dd!
Old 20 Aug 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Maybe ask to see a different dr?
Old 20 Aug 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Looking at some of the side effects it doesn't really matter what you think. You aren't medically qualified to decide.
Valium isn't to be messed with and if she did have a reaction there are serious repercussions with supplying a class A drug (even more so to a minor) and with voiding travel insurance even aside from the issue of self prescribing because you think you know better !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List