Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Aug 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariekitty13
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by shelle View Post
You posted this while I was busy typing!

Good look with the trip. I recommend a decent buggy(but not your beloved travel system) for the holiday which you can then use at home when you move on from the pram. One that lies flat with a nice big sunshade. We have had a mamas and papas armadillo and now have an Oyster Zero. Both are great(we also had a city mini for a little while but I couldn't get on with 3 wheels)

I also recommend a rechargeable buggy fan(USB) which you can get cheaply off Amazon.

Just go with the flow and you will be fine. If things don't go to plan and you have to cancel then claim on your insurance and book to go again. It is what it is.
Haha just seen your next reply! Thank you for the recommendations!
Mariekitty13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

If you and the baby are fine medically I can’t think why you won’t have an amazing time. Go for it!
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Kaz007
Trainee Dibber

We went last time with our 7 week old son (plus girls 6 and 3). Trip booked before I was pregnant too.

People did think I was a little mad, but the trip was a breeze! Our son slept the whole way on the plane, only waking for a feed.

I took a wrap sling especially for the customs wait, but as we walked through a security lady called us and fasttracked us!

We hired a double buggy which was a godsend, and used the sling when needed. I found the sling to be extremely useful, helped with night fireworks etc.

I was breastfeeding so no need for sterilising etc, but the baby facilities in Disney were amazing.

We didn’t really do a slowed down holiday ... just went at our usual pace. There were late nights/early mornings, but I coped well with the night wakes for feeds etc.

The only compromise we made was only doing Disney and not Universal, but that was mainly down to only going for two weeks that time (usually 3 weeks for us).

Honestly it was so easy taking our son, we had no issues at all.
Kaz007 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandonewbie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Will your travel insurance cover pregnancy complications?
orlandonewbie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I haven’t time to read all the pages but just double check your insurance will cover you / the baby and any possible post pregnancy issues. I would imagine if you paid for the insurance before you found out your pregnant then there shouldn’t be any issues but either way its worth informing your insurance provider now the information to make sure your fully covered in the case of needing to cancel / any post birth issues you might have out there - so on and so forth.

The states has to be the number one worse place to be if you don’t have full coverage and have any issues.

Besides that - go for it
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

I travelled long haul with my DS at 8 weeks - you need to take a load of stuff, but its possible! Flying was definitely the easiest part.

I would just prepare yourselves that if you were to have complications in delivery it may not be possible to go - i am not sure what the travel insurance situation would be in that case - all babies are different and you could have an easy sleepy baby or have all sorts of challenges that you would rather face at home, not WDW.

I wouldn't have planned to go away with DS that early - but don't regret it!
Old 20 Aug 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mariekitty13 View Post
Thanks for the reply, yeah, unfortunately, we are in the same boat as you, it would cost a lot of money for us to postpone or cancel. If there were complications I would hope that would be claimable on the insurance? I think from peoples replies this may be the best course of action, but I wouldnt be able to claim until there WAS an issue, which I hope there won't be. How was you? Had you recovered physically at that point?
I was very fortunate to have a quick straight forward birth. In and out of hospital within 8 hours. I was fully recovered when we went.

With regards to your insurance, pregnancy is not an illness. The insurance company will not be interested unless you develop complications which will then need to be notified. You will also need to call them after the birth to get your baby added to the policy.

You are right in that you cannot claim now and only if something were to happen. If the trip had been at the end of your pregnancy when you are unable to fly, then providing your insurance had been taken out before you were pregnant you would have been able to claim for cancelling.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
We went Christmas 2008 and my daughter turned 11 weeks a few days after we arrived. I deliberately got pregnant in the January as I knew that was the latest we could conceive and still be able to go. There was never any consideration of us cancelling and not going.

I had a long, tiring 24 hour labour (started 11pm so no sleep) resulting in an emergency c-section and I did struggle with mild post natal depression for a while after. I still did not consider cancelling or postponing.

This was a full family holiday, 8 adults in total plus baby, and we stayed in a house. Only thing I would change is we had an allocate on arrival villa and it was further away from Disney than we realised and I would have much preferred to have less time in the car each day.

Abi has already made loads of good points. We also had a blow up bath to use inside the main bath.

You will have an amazing time. As you’ve already said, you know you will do things different this time and can prepare yourself for that.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Mariekitty13 View Post
Thanks abiknox!

Did you take your travel system/buggy through the airport? And did you get it at the other end in Orlando? OR did you put it in the hold?

Good point about the bottle sterilisation. Thanks for the tips!
We actually took a Baby Jogger City Mini (with added infant insert) that I bought second hand off Ebay with the attachments for our Maxicosy. We put it into the hold. I didn't want to take our Joolz system as it was far too heavy.

The city mini lies flat and has a great sun cover.

We checked in the car seat at bag drop and kept the pushchair until the gate.

Edited at 09:26 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Just to add, we checked in our car seat and kept the pushchair until the gate, where they then took it. I don’t remember immigration, but with 8 of us, there were enough willing people to hold her while we waited.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List