Old 20 Aug 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ClareO
slightly serious Dibber

ClareO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Benefits of one night at Disney?

Friends of mine have booked a villa and when they stayed 5 years ago took advantage of staying at Disney to get fast passes early, magicbands, parking etc. The prices for a one night stay have gone up considerably and they are wondering if it is worth doing this time. Can you tell me the advantages and what you might advise please?
ClareO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

We have booked a one night stay specifically to get a few fastpasses at 60 days. It's our last ever Florida trip so our Magic Bands will go into my memory box. We got the All Stars Music resort for £78 booking direct with Disney. As long as it's clean, the bed comfy, and the shower works we will be happy. We really want to walk thru Galaxys Edge and ride Fop at Animal Kingdom. We intend to arrive by 7am from our villa and collect our Magic Bands from the reception before going over to AK. I have already checked in online. I will leave our small overnight bag at bell services. The following morning we will get an early start to HS for GE. The parking is free for Uk guests staying onsite until 2020. I have always wanted to stay onsite and as it will be our last trip I will be making every day count.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
First off as far as FP+, what they got 5 years ago isn't what they will get now, 5 years ago they would have gotten a rolling 60 days but that glitch has been closed so 60 days for check-in & check out then revert to 30 days. 2 trains of thought, a 1 night stay as per previous poster & intend to stay- downside is if they have a car they will be charged for overnight parking at the resort (Jan 2020 onward) or a "throwaway", generally the campsite, no intention of staying but also no charge for parking
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

Broadly the advantages are:

1. 60 day fastpassses for check in and check out day. So a one night stay will give 61 days in advance of check out day - bear in mind that at many times of the year this is not enough to secure a FOP or SDD FP at present (may change)

2. Free parking at the parks for check in and check out day - however there will be a charge for resort parking - for UK bookings this starts next year, but is already in place this year if booking through the US site. The camp ground is the exception

3. Extra Magic Hours for check in and check out day. Can be a big benefit for helping to get a head start to headliners. If they are going in the next few months then this will include the EEMH for Galaxy's Edge. Ot is not known how long this will extend for. It is also not known when FP for the rides in GE will be introduced, and EMH may be a chance for some onsite guests to beat the worst of the queues (all an unknown at present)

4. Magic Bands. Depending on the size of the party, this is the biggest monetary value but only if the whole party would want Magic Bands. (One Magic Band shared between a group is enough to get ride videos etc, so long as you always all ride together).

Obviously there is the whole thing about being "in the Disney Bubble" too. Some people like to book a night purely to experience a particular hotel, and there is nothing wrong with that!
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Sussex Bantam
Trading Disney Pins

Hi - I'm considering doing this as well. We arrive late on Friday and I plan to stay at a non-Disney hotel on the Friday night and then check into a Disney hotel for the Saturday night.

I presume I can get EMH and free car parking on both the Saturday and Sunday ? Does this just link to my MB/entrance ticket without me having to check-in at the hotel ?
Sussex Bantam is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

In the past, dibbers booked 1 night at the campsite and didn't stay there. The rates vary from $56 a night for a tent or pop-up (low season) to approx $143 for Easter and $116 for summer. That 1 night gets you your magical express, your disney buses and EMH and fast passes.I think it also includes parking BUT you need to check all of tis before booking.

Also, what happens if you are a no show?

Some kind dibber who has done this before should be able to advise you.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Sussex Bantam
Trading Disney Pins

Hi - thanks for the reply.

I guess my question is a simple one - can I use EMH and free parking before I check into the hotel ? Is it simply linked to my MB/Cards or do I need to go the hotel first ?
Sussex Bantam is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by lam View Post
In the past, dibbers booked 1 night at the campsite and didn't stay there. The rates vary from $56 a night for a tent or pop-up (low season) to approx $143 for Easter and $116 for summer. That 1 night gets you your magical express, your disney buses and EMH and fast passes.I think it also includes parking BUT you need to check all of tis before booking.
Anyone can use the Disney buses around WDW (not Magical Express), you don't need to be staying onsite to use them. Magical Express would only be of use if you booked the first night you arrived in Orlando.

Originally Posted by lam View Post
Also, what happens if you are a no show?
Nothing. As long as you've paid for the room, Disney doesn't care whether you actually use it or not. It just means housekeeping has slightly less work to do, that's all.

Caroian covered the advantages above.

Originally Posted by Sussex Bantam View Post
I guess my question is a simple one - can I use EMH and free parking before I check into the hotel ? Is it simply linked to my MB/Cards or do I need to go the hotel first ?
If you already have old Magicbands or cards then you don't need to go to the hotel first, no. Your Magicband/card is linked to your account and your account shows you have an onsite reservation for that day.

Plus you can check in online anyway. So check-in using the app/website.

If you don't have Magicbands or a card then you'll need to pick one up before entering a park.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Thanks for clarifying

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I completely get why people do it but for me I don’t know whether I would want the hassle of moving hotel for one night... I know some people love this but I like to be somewhere for at least 3 nights and I hate living out a suitcase! I know some people just book a villa as well as the one night so they only take a small bag - this would work well I guess ! I think the time of year you’re going at also comes in to it- If you’re going in peak season you’re going to benifit a lot more than going in low season ! Ultimately it depends whether it’s something you want to do- I can’t wait to stay onsite at Disney , never done the Disney bubble before!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List