Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Aug 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
MmmBlondie
Apprentice Imagineer

Passport Questions

Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction when it comes to passports.

I'm a UK/US dual citizen. My daughter was born here so shes a US citizen who qualifies for UK citizenship or at least the passport too.

Back in March I flew out of the US on my US passport, landed in LHR and realized I had somehow lost my UK passport I've been having a rough year and completely forgot about my missing passport. My daughter and I are flying back to the UK for Christmas. I have to fly in and out of the US on my US passport but really do want my UK passport again before I fly.

Has anyone got their passports while abroad or living in another country? With Brexit? and those possible blue passports should I wait? My daughters US passport expires in April/May 2020 so I hope she can still fly but I was going to pop into central for her UK passport and do the 1 day turn around as it was easier. But I never registered her in the UK so...can she even get a UK passport.

Basically we both have US passports but I want to get our UK ones and I have no idea where to start since I live in FL. Sorry this is so longwinded...I'm a rambler.
MmmBlondie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I lived in the USA for 10 years in the 80s so my information is old. But we applied for a few passports while living there and I’m sure they were issues from an office in Chicago but we didn’t actually have to go there.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

gov.uk/overseas-passports
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
You need to go through the questions and check if she is eligible.

gov.uk/apply-citizenship...er-1-july-2006

It looks like she should automatically be a British Citizen

Edited at 09:24 PM.
Old 20 Aug 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MmmBlondie
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
You need to go through the questions and check if she is eligible.

gov.uk/apply-citizenship...er-1-july-2006

It looks like she should automatically be a British Citizen
I thought she should be eligible seeing as though I was born and raised in England but I thought I may have to register her. Thank you for the link. I keep going around in circles.
MmmBlondie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
As long as you are a citizen I think she is. However, her children won’t be.

My niece was born in Australia and has a UK passport which she received while she was in Australia.

I’d go through the application form carefully and apply the same as if you were in the UK.

Edited at 09:36 PM.
Old 20 Aug 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

Have you told the passport office that you have lost your passport? You need to do that as soon as you can. Then follow all the information in the link Bev added.

No one can tell you if you should wait to get a new one or not but you should cancel the lost one.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

As others have said notify the passport office re lost passport
My friend living in Australia was able to renew her UK passport online & have it delivered to her by courier
I'm not sure if the process will be the same for you as your original one has been lost
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MmmBlondie
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alices Aunt View Post
Have you told the passport office that you have lost your passport? You need to do that as soon as you can. Then follow all the information in the link Bev added.

No one can tell you if you should wait to get a new one or not but you should cancel the lost one.

Originally Posted by Talland 2016 View Post
As others have said notify the passport office re lost passport
My friend living in Australia was able to renew her UK passport online & have it delivered to her by courier
I'm not sure if the process will be the same for you as your original one has been lost
Thank you. I have been online and notified that my passport was lost. I may try and renew mine before I leave, renew her US passport here and get her UK when back in London as I think I just read she might need to give bio metrics...