Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Sep 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
donna252
VIP Dibber

Mobile Anyone stayed at solterra recently?

As above anyone stayed here recently?mainly wondering about driving times and traffic to the parks Disney/universal/seaworld?

Would also be interested in any reviews or tips of restaurants near by.
AoA/RPROct 2014, New York Aug 2015, SSR/Cabana Bay/RPR/Poly March 2016, DLP June 2016, Las Vegas March 2017, DLP July 2017, Vero beach/Yacht Club Oct 2017, DLP March 2018, Dubai April 2018, New York Dec 2018, DLP July 2019, Lapland Dec 2019, Dubai Aug 2022, Disney Magic Sept 2022, Dubai Oct 2022, RPR/AKL/Coronado springs/Contemporary April 2022Lapland Jan 2023, New York, Vero beach, Yacht club and Wilderness Lodge Aug 2023
donna252 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DurhamGirl
VIP Dibber

Hi

I notice that no one was replied - hope it is ok with admin for me to respond.

The drive times are very variable and dependent on the time of day. We still find that leaving the villa by 8am usually takes 20-25 mins to Disney and 30-35 mins to Universal - via the I4. The route down old lake wilson road is another option.

In terms of restaurants, there is a good selection of chain type restaurants on Champions Gate Plaza, Millers, Chilies, Wendy's, dunkin donuts, McDonald's, Panara Bread, Red Robins etc. There is also a First Watch which is great for breakfast - very busy on Sundays. Other options include, Tjuana Flats (mex take-away), Dulcetto Pizzeria - sit in or takeout, Blue Coast (fusion).

Yvonne
DurhamGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’ve got a provisional booking at Soltera at the moment, booked it for the communal facilities as we have my 70 year old parents coming with us and there’s enough for them to do if we’re out and they don’t want to come. Although I’ve read today that the poolside snack bar is only open 4 days a week and only open 11-4pm, they would prefer to stay somewhere that at least at something going on in the evening so I’m not sure about it now!
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

We stayed this summer and really enjoyed the resort facilities. It was comparable to being in a hotel but with the space of a villa!

Distance wise, we weren’t doing any parks so weren’t travelling at peak park times, but to the restaurants at Championsgate it’s about 5 minutes, to Rolling Oaks about 15 using the toll road. There are a few options for getting up to the 192.

We found the resort itself quite busy, lots of cars parked outside the villas and on the roads too, and big groups at the pool, although never so busy we couldn’t get sun loungers, and it adds atmosphere with plenty of people around It was noisy at night quite often with people playing loud music round the pool even though there’s supposed to be quiet times.

The snack bar was handy, nice smoothies, and typical pool side menu. Lots of shaded seating and a club room with a free coffee machine.

We had dinner nearby at the following nearby usual suspect restaurants:

Ovation - wouldn’t go back, awful meal for a couple of us, although others love it so I do acknowledge we were probably unlucky.

Miller’s @ CG - good menu, tasty food, we had one great meal and one not so great!

Applebee’s on Hwy 27 - a favourite, cheap and cheerful, varied tasty menu

Panera Bread @ CG - lunch, good soups, salads & sandwiches.

Menchies @ CG - frozen yogurt franchise, the boys’ favourite for dessert.

Otherwise we went to the usual haunts at Rolling Oaks.

Hope this helps, I’m happy to answer any other questions 😊
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

We’ve just returned (yesterday) and it’s about 3 to 5 minutes to the I4 at champions gate or you can go up old lake Wilson road. About 20 minutes or so.

The communal facilities are great - the best community features we’ve ever had. The place seemed empty when we were there so the roads were clear but we had a six bedroom villa (possibly a bit excessive for 4 of us) and the driveway was much smaller than driveways in other resorts (as was the garage). Would be squeeze to get 2 cars on the drive.
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
geomac79
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We stayed at Solterra last year, really nice and good facilities and Champions gate is just round the corner.

I wouldn’t go back again as I felt we were always driving for a long time every day.
geomac79 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We returned a couple of weeks ago having stayed in Lynn's Dibb villa (Azure Sky).

We really couldn't fault the area, facilities or the villa at all.

We were at the I4 in 3/4 mins via Heritage Pass and then around 15 mins to Seaworld/Aquatica etc.

We spent 2 full days at the community pool and the DGC loved the water slide and lazy river. The snacks and drinks were good and reasonably priced.

Wouldn't hesitate to return.

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by speedwayfan View Post
We returned a couple of weeks ago having stayed in Lynn's Dibb villa (Azure Sky).

We really couldn't fault the area, facilities or the villa at all.

We were at the I4 in 3/4 mins via Heritage Pass and then around 15 mins to Seaworld/Aquatica etc.

We spent 2 full days at the community pool and the DGC loved the water slide and lazy river. The snacks and drinks were good and reasonably priced.

Wouldn't hesitate to return.

Jill
Can you remember how often the snack bar was open? And how late?

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Can you remember how often the snack bar was open? And how late?
Just had a look at my phone for photos to help. We went there Wed 21 Aug and it was closed as their computer system was down. The reception had free coffee, tea and hot chocolate available and said it would be open the next day. Really good coffee from Keurig pods. The water slide and lazy river was open all the time we were there from around 11am to 4pm.

Next time was Monday 26 Aug and it was open all the time we were there, it was so hot we left around 3.30pm.

We had planned to go again but because of the hurricane they were removing the sun beds so we stayed at the villa.

Our villa owner did have the hours of operation as a guideline in her villa, but if I remember correctly it was generally open from 11am to 5pm and a couple of days until 7pm.

HTH
Jill

Edited at 06:47 PM.
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
AzureSky
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Hi

These are the timings for the report facilities at Solterra:
Lazy River Mon-Thur 10am-5pm & Fri - Sun 10-6
Water-Slide Mon-Thur 10am-5pm & Fri - Sun 10-6
Pool Mon -Sun 8am - 11pm Jacuzzi 8am-11pm
Gym Mon - Sun 5am-11pm
Cafe Mon -Thurs 11am-4 pm Fri - Sun 11am-5pm
Club House Mon - Sun 9am - 7pm

Lynn
AzureSky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List