Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jan 15, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Gary
Apprentice Imagineer

Gary's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
This is also a question I'm interested in as we are off to Alaska this year.
2016 - 12 night Copenhagen to Dover - DCL
2017 - 14 night Southampton to Barcelona - RCI
Gary is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 15, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Just bumping in case anyone who has missed this thread has experienced any of these excursions and would recommend or not

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 15, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Gary
Apprentice Imagineer

Gary's Reviews
I've asked my TA to come up with some recommendations for "must do" trips, will let you know what she suggests.
Gary is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 15, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gary View Post
I've asked my TA to come up with some recommendations for "must do" trips, will let you know what she suggests.
Thank you. That would be very helpful.

marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 15, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
nigelp
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
We did...
White Pass Railway excursion booked through Chilcott Tours - cheaper than Disney but you get on the same train and have a more personal minivan journey back. We were a bit unlucky with the weather as the rise up the pass was full of low clouds/fog.
Tunnel by makingplansfor, on Flickr

Disney Whales and glaciers photography safari- we are keen photographers and this gets you on a smaller boat that can get closer to the whales.
K30 3 by makingplansfor, on Flickr

Lumberjack show (not through Disney) - cheesy but fun (and cheap) - then we explored Ketchican on our own
Day 7 NP-22 by makingplansfor, on Flickr
nigelp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 15, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nigelp View Post
We did...
White Pass Railway excursion booked through Chilcott Tours - cheaper than Disney but you get on the same train and have a more personal minivan journey back. We were a bit unlucky with the weather as the rise up the pass was full of low clouds/fog.
I second the White Pass Railway trip with Chilkoot Charters and Tours. chilkootcharters

A child is over 13, where you pay adult price over 9 on Disney, so saved us a bit.

Booking was simple and efficient and we were the only 4 people in the minivan. Our guide was a real character, very friendly and informative.
We also did the dog sled tour around the forest which was fun and it was great to see the puppies, but now we wish we had done whale watching instead.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 15, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by nigelp View Post
We did...
Tunnel by makingplansfor, on Flickr

Disney Whales and glaciers photography safari- we are keen photographers and this gets you on a smaller boat that can get closer to the whales.
K30 3 by makingplansfor, on Flickr

Lumberjack show (not through Disney) - cheesy but fun (and cheap) - then we explored Ketchican on our own
Day 7 NP-22 by makingplansfor, on Flickr
Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
I second the White Pass Railway trip with Chilkoot Charters and Tours. chilkootcharters

A child is over 13, where you pay adult price over 9 on Disney, so saved us a bit.

Booking was simple and efficient and we were the only 4 people in the minivan. Our guide was a real character, very friendly and informative.
We also did the dog sled tour around the forest which was fun and it was great to see the puppies, but now we wish we had done whale watching instead.
Thank you both. This is really helpful information. I will look into the companies you have mentioned

Old 4 Mar 15, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Gary
Apprentice Imagineer

Gary's Reviews
Skagway: White Pass Railroad – there are a number of excursions that include this. One like the suspension bridge and the rail would be a good option.

Juneau: Whale watching, salmon bake and Mendenhall. Mendenhall can be very tiring, but if you are doing other things too, there won’t be a lot of time at Mendenhall. You’ll be able to go up to the welcome center and have a fantastic view of the glacier.

Ketchikan: Our favorite thing to do here is to go to the crab feast at the George Inlet Lodge. There are three shore excursions that include this with Disney, and I’ve done two of them. With Wilderness Exploration, you’ll tour on the water and then have the crab. With the Rainforest Sanctuary, you’ll walk through the sanctuary (it was a slower paced stroll). There we saw a couple bears and a few bald eagles. With the flightseeing tour, we had the crab first and then took off in a small plane at the dock and flew over Ketchikan and the range around it, landing back in the water in front of the ship.
Old 4 Mar 15, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Skagway: White Pass Railroad – there are a number of excursions that include this. One like the suspension bridge and the rail would be a good option.

Juneau: Whale watching, salmon bake and Mendenhall. Mendenhall can be very tiring, but if you are doing other things too, there won’t be a lot of time at Mendenhall. You’ll be able to go up to the welcome center and have a fantastic view of the glacier.

Ketchikan: Our favorite thing to do here is to go to the crab feast at the George Inlet Lodge. There are three shore excursions that include this with Disney, and I’ve done two of them. With Wilderness Exploration, you’ll tour on the water and then have the crab. With the Rainforest Sanctuary, you’ll walk through the sanctuary (it was a slower paced stroll). There we saw a couple bears and a few bald eagles. With the flightseeing tour, we had the crab first and then took off in a small plane at the dock and flew over Ketchikan and the range around it, landing back in the water in front of the ship.
WOW! I think we might have to put off going for an extra year to afford those trips! This is my dream holiday!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 15, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Gary
Apprentice Imagineer

Gary's Reviews
Originally Posted by caj View Post
WOW! I think we might have to put off going for an extra year to afford those trips! This is my dream holiday!
Yes they are, and I thought the Europe port adventures were expensive
Closed Thread