Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Apr 16, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
toffeecush1on
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mertin View Post
We're booked - 7 nights on the Fantasy. We wanted to do the Med, but it's cheaper to fly to Florida and do the Caribbean! Plus we can now have a week at WDW with our DVC points
We've done the same - 1 week at WDW and 1 week on the Fantasy followed by 4 days at WDW (just can't get enough of WDW)

July/Aug 09 - Cumbrian Lakes Villa ~ Sept 10 - SSR
May 11 - SSR ~ Oct/Nov 11 - SSR
Aug/Sept 12 - OKW - DCL - HRH
June 13 - DCL - 7 Night Mediterranean Cruise ~ Christmas 13- Sandy Ridge Villa
May 14 - DCL - 9 Night Alaska Cruise ~ Sept 14 - DLRP ~ Dec 14 - DLRP
July 15 - DCL - 12 Night European Cruise
~ Sept 15 - DLRP
Feb/Mar 16 - SSR ~ May 16 - DCL - 7 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise
Christmas 16 - All Stars ~ April 17 - WDW -DCL - WBPC - Disneyland
toffeecush1on is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 16, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Very excited. Booked the WBPC (5b Deck 7 sailing in April 2017. Used our placeholder deposit made on last year's WBTA. Planning a few nights in WDW before and a week travelling around California afterwards. Let the planning commerce!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 16, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Cara040
Getting Excited

Well having looked at itineries and prices today I don't think we'll be doing our first DCL cruise.

I was really hoping for a fjord or med cruise from Dover in the school holidays but having looked today we can do a med cruise with RCL from Southampton, balcony cabin inc gratuities cheaper than an inside DCL from Barcelona where we also need to factor in tips and return flights.

Disappointed but with WDW this year and Safari 2018 it's just outside our budget.
All Star Movies Oct 2019 Sapphire Falls August 2022 Aventura Booked May 2024
Cara040 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 16, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ilovedisney25
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Just had a quote through from travel on a dream for the 10 night med... $16.5k! 2 adults 2 kids. Where is this pricing coming from for the med cruises
ilovedisney25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 16, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Gary
Apprentice Imagineer

Gary's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We've booked two staterooms on the 10 night Med cruise in July 2017
2016 - 12 night Copenhagen to Dover - DCL
2017 - 14 night Southampton to Barcelona - RCI
Gary is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 16, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
temo_gemo
Excited about Disney

Umming and arring what to do!

Here's what I'm thinking;
WBTA - but worried about the pricing after today! (Have to wait and see but not sure I can hold out so..)

Considering these options;

5 nights DLRP in Jan/Feb 2017 then a 7 Night Med in Sept
OR
No cruise and WDW in Sept (Would love to do a 3 night Bahamas but pricing is more then I'm willing to pay!)

Ahhh decisions, decisions, decisions!

Not sure what the best option is for x2 adults and an 18 month old next year?!

September 2009, October 2011, October 2012,
January 2015, September 2016
August 2019
temo_gemo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 16, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by gillybean View Post
Very excited. Booked the WBPC (5b Deck 7 sailing in April 2017. Used our placeholder deposit made on last year's WBTA. Planning a few nights in WDW before and a week travelling around California afterwards. Let the planning commerce!
I'm booked on this one. If the itinerary of the WBTA suits me more I might swap when it's released, but if not I'll be doing this again. Happy Days!
Old 15 Apr 16, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
I'm booked on this one. If the itinerary of the WBTA suits me more I might swap when it's released, but if not I'll be doing this again. Happy Days!
I've booked the EBTA and then if the WBTA fits in my dates I'll swap as would rather that one.
Old 15 Apr 16, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Pixiedusting
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Originally Posted by onion2803 View Post
Which sailing... ours is 9th too!
Doing the 7 night med cruise out of Barcelona on the Magic!
Our first Disney cruise so I am so excited! Is this what you are on!?

Husband was concerned about price but we priced up the same cruise with NCL and they only came out about £700 cheaper and you would then need to add a soft drinks package on top for the 7 nights to make it a fair comparison and once we did that there was little difference! We also traveled NCL in 2012 and it was amazing but I saw little to do for children (we didn't have any at the time) and the evening shows wouldn't have been suitable for young children. When we go our children will be 3 and 4, so I can't wait!
Pixiedusting is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 16, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
I've booked the EBTA and then if the WBTA fits in my dates I'll swap as would rather that one.
I've got a hold on the EBTA, but I'm in a quandary!
We already had a 7 night southern Caribbean booked on the Magic for May 2017. It goes to Barbados, Martinique, St Lucia and Antigua, so really lovely ports. The cost was $2700 for an inside sideways cabin, so a real steal compared to the 10 night southern on the Fantasy with more or less the same ports.

So, what to do? Pay more and go for longer but have less ports and possibly less sunshine, or stick with what we have as it's a shorter cruise and we'd hope to get a decent WBTA coming out next month?

I think I'll have to hold both of them for now and wait for the WBTA to come out. I suspect it will never be as good as the 2014 itinerary though.