Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Nov 17, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
cupcakefairy
Imagineer

First time on DDP

Hi Everyone

So we go in 15 days (yay) and we have our spends sorted ($2000 and $600 gift card) and wondered do people tend to spend less or more on DDP i am hoping we have enough

x

cupcakefairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
VikkS
Proud to wear my Ears

I travelled in a party of two using Dining plan the last two years and spent about £1000 each on tips, drinks, food at universal and an excessive amount of souvenirs.
Not a lot of alcohol though - I think that would be a pretty big additional expense.
VikkS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Scotscraig's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We spent about $1300 inc gift card last time on DDP which inc tips, a bit of alcohol and a fair few souvenirs inc stuff from the outlets. Sound like you will have plenty. You certainly won't need to buy any more food!
Food trip report Oct 2017 with DDP
Food trip report Oct 2018 with DDP

DL 1995, WDW 1998, 2001, Sheraton Vistana Villages 2012, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2014, HRH/WL 2015, WL 2016, AKL 2017, SSR 2018, Newport Bay DLP 2019, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2019
Scotscraig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

We usually spend a lot less on DDP but we are 2 adults and I do not like shopping much so I am maybe not the best person to ask. But on the DDP somedays the only money we spent was on the tips for the TS meal and then we put the tip on the room and paid it every few days with the gift card we got for booking early. When we are not on the DDP then a lot of our money goes on meals.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

We don't spend a lot at all but we're not big shoppers. Our last time on dining plan we spent around $1200 as a family of 4 (including tips, alcohol, some souvenirs a couple of oop meals). In addition the kids spent the $200 gift card.

We're budgeting something similar for next time
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
cupcakefairy
Imagineer

Thanks Everyone husband is not a shopper at all but I am a little haha

We have the C card as a back up just in cases xx

cupcakefairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We spend what we take. The first time we had DDP we took the same amount of spends as normal. It was $2 to the £ and I came back with $100. You only need money for tips and anything you want to buy as DDP will cover more food than you need.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by cupcakefairy View Post
Hi Everyone

So we go in 15 days (yay) and we have our spends sorted ($2000 and $600 gift card) and wondered do people tend to spend less or more on DDP i am hoping we have enough

x
remember you pay 18% tips on table service with DDP but nothing on Quick Service and Snacks so it partly depends on where you choose to spend your credits. Also if you want to optimise calorific 'value' of snacks versus using them instead of buying drinks in the parks and keeping cash spend down that way. The other spends are entirely up to you!
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
cupcakefairy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
remember you pay 18% tips on table service with DDP but nothing on Quick Service and Snacks so it partly depends on where you choose to spend your credits. Also if you want to optimise calorific 'value' of snacks versus using them instead of buying drinks in the parks and keeping cash spend down that way. The other spends are entirely up to you!
We are foodies so used our TS credits mainly on signatures and a few 1 credit places not planned any QS apart from BOG

Old 13 Nov 17, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by cupcakefairy View Post
We are foodies so used our TS credits mainly on signatures and a few 1 credit places not planned any QS apart from BOG
good work, that's what we're doing next year Just need to remember those tip costs
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List