Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Apr 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky23
Excited about Disney

Mobile POFQ or CSR? Can’t decide

Any advice on which to choose - 2 adults and 2 ch aged 11 / 8? Is POFQ worth the extra money?
Like the idea of POFQ being small and only 1 bus stop and the boat ride to Disney springs but like CSR as rooms have been refurbished and there are more pools for the kids ( maybe less busy) ? Any advice appreciated !
Lucky23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

POFQ rooms were refurbished a couple of years ago just not the extent CSR rooms were.

If staying at POFQ you can walk to, and use the pools at POR and their food court has some different offerings to POFQ as well.
Old 24 Apr 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
VikkS
Proud to wear my Ears

I've been having the same debate but I think I've decided on Coronado as long as they have standard rooms available tomorrow. My decision was swayed by the refurbished rooms but also the quiet pools - I really like to read a book by the quiet pools after a morning in the parks without the loud music and games of the main pool.
VikkS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Loved POFQ but it is small. Stayed at PORS the following year and then walked to POFQ and then realised it was even smaller than I remembered. Found the foodcourt a little to small after being in RS. So personally Id go CSR.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
We really loved POFQ and enjoyed the boatride to DS. Also enjoyed the gentle stroll to POR for their food court. When we went to book for this July POFQ was £300 more than Corronado so I booked CSR. Whilst I enjoyed the boat I don't think it was worth £300.

Obviously, if I absolutely hate CSR then I will have made a mistake but there's only one way to find out for sure!
Old 25 Apr 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

Are the buses combined for FQ and Riverside? I always remember seeing very long Port Orleans queues for buses when waiting in the neighbouring line for SSR or OKW (I cant remember which trip I am thinking of...)
I am thinking that CSR should have shorter queues given how many of the rooms end up getting filled by convention guests.

I am having much the same debate between the two as a fall back for if (when) our preferred resorts turn out to be too expensive now there is no DDP. At the moment I am tending towards CSR as from the looks of the facilities, restaurants and rooms it looks to have more of a deluxe feel to it than POR. Though I will certainly miss the boat to Disney Springs.
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

On occasion (like the middle of the day) POFQ buses do also visit POR but not at peak times.
Old 25 Apr 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

CSR resort that after the Grand Destino Tower is built, the new bridges opened across the lake (cutting the hotel in half) and the restaurant on the lake opens, will be the only moderate that should be a luxury.

Disney332
Old 25 Apr 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Has anybody managed to book CSR with the dining offer, we are looking for September but can’t find any availability?
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Miss_Tangled View Post
Has anybody managed to book CSR with the dining offer, we are looking for September but can’t find any availability?
Just been on the website looking around, Sept 7th for 7 nights is showing more room categories in CSR including standard rooms

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List