Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Sep 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Reward Flight Finder Website

I have relied on this website for a long while and always found it to be pretty accurate.

For the last 3 days it has been showing UC Miles seats on a date I was interested in.

Just come off live chat with Virgin and the flights aren't available. The Guy I was chatting with said it no longer extrapolates the correct info from VA since they slightly changed their website.

I can see minor changes to the VA website so it appears he is correct.

Just for info.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

thats a shame it was a really good site

I think they mentioned recently that virgin were making changes which may stop them
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by KeithOP View Post
thats a shame it was a really good site

I think they mentioned recently that virgin were making changes which may stop them
The cynic in me leads me to think VA didn't want them to be showing data that they would prefer to have control of.

I would caution others though that this is what I was told by one person and he may be wrong. From my experience though and research on another random date I think that sadly he is right.

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks to another Dibber this is the latest state of play.

We're currently unable to access Virgin Atlantic availability data

We launched support for Virgin Atlantic back in February, changing the game for Flying Club members.

Due to some changes on their side in the last few days, we're currently unable to access their data. That means that we can't update our Virgin Atlantic availability or send you alerts when seats become available.

We're working on a solution to this. If you want to help move things forward, you could try contacting Virgin to tell them how much you value Reward Flight Finder - you can email them here (choose the "Flying Club" option, and then "General enquiry").

If you're an Elite member using Virgin Atlantic alerts, then we'll be in touch with you by email very shortly.

We're really sorry for the inconvenience - we know how frustrating it is for this to stop working. We hope to be back up and running soon. If you have any questions, please just drop us an email at help@rewardflightfinder.com.

Old 4 Sep 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
The cynic in me leads me to think VA didn't want them to be showing data that they would prefer to have control of.

I would caution others though that this is what I was told by one person and he may be wrong. From my experience though and research on another random date I think that sadly he is right.
I think you're right!
I have a friend who can, at the push of a button compile a list of how many rooms are available in each category on every available sail date for DCL. It's amazing, but DCL often change their coding just slightly so he has to rework it each time.

So far, he's managed to keep doing it!
Joa
Old 4 Sep 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Thanks to another Dibber this is the latest state of play.

We're currently unable to access Virgin Atlantic availability data

We launched support for Virgin Atlantic back in February, changing the game for Flying Club members.

Due to some changes on their side in the last few days, we're currently unable to access their data. That means that we can't update our Virgin Atlantic availability or send you alerts when seats become available.

We're working on a solution to this. If you want to help move things forward, you could try contacting Virgin to tell them how much you value Reward Flight Finder - you can email them here (choose the "Flying Club" option, and then "General enquiry").

If you're an Elite member using Virgin Atlantic alerts, then we'll be in touch with you by email very shortly.

We're really sorry for the inconvenience - we know how frustrating it is for this to stop working. We hope to be back up and running soon. If you have any questions, please just drop us an email at help@rewardflightfinder.com.
I contacted VA as I'm an Elite member and frustrated that just as my flights are becoming available, this function has gone. This was VA's reply:

Thank you for getting in touch. It's wonderful to hear that you're a member of our Flying Club!

I am very sorry for any disappointment caused with recent updates to our system.

Reward Flight Finder is not affiliated with Virgin Atlantic in anyway, and so we would not design our systems to correlate with their own.

I appreciate that this is not the response that you were hoping for, however we would not be able to update our systems to work with a third party website.

I am very sorry to disappoint you on this occasion.

If you enter your search requirements in the 'Book flights' area on the homepage, and then select the ‘Pay with your miles' option for the cabin you want, this will show you any reward seats we have available on a calendar view.

You can also send a text to our SMS team, who will be more than happy to check reward seat availability for any dates and destinations that you have in mind. This service is excellent if you’re on the go, and the team are available 24/7!

I had an email from Tim Rogers (the chap who owns the site), saying this:

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Virgin - I really appreciate it.

We're working on a solution and will be in touch as soon as we have any news.

Have a great rest of your weekend,

Tim

I'm not holding my breath as I think you are correct Mr TM, VA want to control the information
Old 4 Sep 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Didn't show my VA reward seats when I booked in April, fortunately I checked VA site and booked over phone as I was using an upgrade voucher

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
At home on the PC as I am looking for specific dates I tend to use the VA website.

But out here and only having the iPad I find the 3rd party website handy.

Hey ho. Time will tell what happens.

I'm rapidly approaching 300K Miles again so will want more Miles flights soon.

Old 4 Sep 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
TelfordWolf
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

TelfordWolf's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Use the Virgin Atlantic App on your phone - it works pretty well and is surprisingly quick and easy to check for a flight. Obviously you are restricted to entering a date..
I agree that VA may well be deliberately stopping the reward flight finder site as it wants to get you on their website...
July/August 2011,2013,2016,2017,2023 - Highlands Reserve
August 2024 - New York City
TelfordWolf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TelfordWolf View Post
Use the Virgin Atlantic App on your phone - it works pretty well and is surprisingly quick and easy to check for a flight. Obviously you are restricted to entering a date..
I agree that VA may well be deliberately stopping the reward flight finder site as it wants to get you on their website...
If you’re flexible on dates it’s better to use the website as you can view the whole month.
Also, when searching for available dates it’s best to search for one ways as if you search for a specific amount of nights in a return, it will only show results for that duration.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List