Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 5 May 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

Universal Endless Summer etc, book now for next summer or wait?

Hi

Would like a 4 night stay at the start of our trip next august, ( then 10 nights at disney )

Where have people booked that have booked already? I'd like to pay deposit only really, and should I book now? or wait until next year?

I need a 2 bed suite as there are 5 of us

Looks really nice! We stayed at Cabana Bay last time, which we loved but this is cheaper

thanks in advance

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I booked on Universal’s site. I’d book now as I think any deposit there is refundable, but check.
I’ll be posting a video up here walking through with comments shortly after my stay begins on 2 August. It will be interesting to see how it compares to a Deluxe DVC Villa, which is where I normally stay in Orlando.
Old 5 May 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

If it is as good as it looks (with 2 beds with kitchens for £100 a night) then two things may happen. It will become hyper popular and start booking up well in advance and/ or prices will go up. Personally it looks under priced at the moment to me, but I could be disappointed when I go.
Old 5 May 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

I’m having a bit of a ‘discussion’ with my DD. The two of us are going next August and will fly into MCO approx 3pm. We plan on spending 2 nights at Universal before moving to Disney for 13 nights. I want to spend the first night at Endless Summer to save money and then move really early next morning to RPR for one night to take advantage of folp. She doesn’t want the hassle of moving and just wants to book both nights at RPR. Anyone know how easy it will be to move between these two hotels early in the morning? We aren’t hiring a car. Has anyone done anything similar? We definitely want to stay onsite at Universal somewhere so we can go to Citywalk on our first evening.

Edited at 11:39 AM.
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
If it is as good as it looks (with 2 beds with kitchens for £100 a night) then two things may happen. It will become hyper popular and start booking up well in advance and/ or prices will go up. Personally it looks under priced at the moment to me, but I could be disappointed when I go.
thank you, is that the usa universal site you booked with? and how much deposit is it?

thanks

DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

for 4 nights for 3 adults 2 children in august next year works out at £138 per night for a 2 bed suite

DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
Old 5 May 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
VikkS
Proud to wear my Ears

I did a good bit of hunting around for the best price here and for my dates in Feb I got a standard room, £261 for 4 nights through ATD - couldn't resist booking now for that price.
VikkS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jonsgirl80
Imagineer

Originally Posted by VikkS View Post
I did a good bit of hunting around for the best price here and for my dates in Feb I got a standard room, £261 for 4 nights through ATD - couldn't resist booking now for that price.
We also booked through ATD - £297 for 4 nights in August.

Happy with that.
jonsgirl80 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jojj View Post
thank you, is that the usa universal site you booked with? and how much deposit is it?

thanks
This is what I paid for the 2 bed suite. Doesn't look like I paid a deposit, also good cancellation terms.
Old 5 May 19, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Peacemaker
Very Serious Dibber

I have just Booked for 4 nights, 2 bed for £440 with ATD for October. Hope it is the right choice as was meant to be booking Cabana bay which was £220 more. we were actually staying at RPR but my family asked to switch to Cabana bay as they really liked it last time we stayed and wanted the extra space. When I saw the prices I booked endless summer instead as the price seems excellent.

I think the rooms look better and if the buses are as good as cabana bays buses were, it should be fine. We have at least 5 days in the park so plenty of time to get rides done without the FOLP.
Peacemaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List