Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 10 Nov 02, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Carole
Imagineer

Vistana Villages - The suite

I made a few notes on our accomodation and I thought it may be useful to anyone thinking of staying there. We never made it as far as the pool, or anywhere other than reception and our suite. Too much else to do
The grounds were beautiful and the reception area was roomy, the staff friendly.

Vistana Villages – One bedroom suite

Living area:
Huge tv, video and mini hi-fi with cd player, comfy sofa that pulls out to become a double bed, dining table for four with chairs, comfy chair, side table, coffee table

Very little storage space in here. The vacuum etc took up most of the closet leaving little room for clothes. There were two drawers under the tv unit for clothes. We had to request pillows for the pull out bed as none were provided and there was nowhere to store them during the day. All three tables had large artificial plant displays on them which ended up on the floor as they were in the way. Beware of hanging damp clothing on the backs of the chairs, the dye comes off the chairs and stains. Housekeeping did not change bedding on pull out bed at all in three weeks. We put sheets through the washing machine ourselves.

Kitchen:
Microwave/oven combi, hob, blender, coffee maker, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, well equipped with cutlery, crockery, utensils, pots & pans.

Small but well equipped. Laundry area hidden behind sliding door which kept the noise down if you were watching tv.

Bathroom:
Jacuzzi bath with shower, basin, toilet, cupboard, hairdryer.

One hook on back of door, no other places to hang clothing. No shelves and very little space round edge of bath to put shampoo etc. Towels had seen better days, some were quite grubby. Housekeeping very erratic with towels. Some days we got a full set, one day we got only one bathtowel for the three of us. Two doors into bathroom, one from living room, one from bedroom. No line provided for drying of clothes, presumably because tumble dryer provided.

Bedroom:
King size bed, closet with safe, comfy chair, 2 bedside drawer units, chest of 3 drawers with tv on top. Adequate space for clothing for two adults. Housekeeping not very good at making beds. Door into bathroom and into living area. Sliding patio doors onto balcony which was netted in. Table and four very uncomfortable chairs on balcony.

Nicely furnished and equipped for the most part but décor very old-fashioned and heavy. Bit overdone with artificial plants etc.
Slight musty smoky smell on arrival but an air freshener cleared most areas within a few days. Closet in living area had musty smell for whole stay.

Not everyone gets housekeeping, it depends on who you've booked with.
2007 - BCV, AKV
2008 - Las Vegas, BCV, AKV, St Petes
2009 - VB, Key West, Miami, BCV, AKV
2010 - OKW, Hard Rock Hotel, BCV
2011 - Alaska on the Disney Wonder
2013 - BCV, AKV, 2014 - AKV, BCV, RPR
2016 - BCV, AKV, 2017 - AKV, Royal Pacific, Coronado Springs
Carole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 02, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Apart from the housekeeping, it all seems quite nice
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 02, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Amazing-Grace
Imagineer

Amazing-Grace's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Do you reckon Emma? Sounds like Fawlty Towers to me. What's all this vacuum cleaner & washing your own sheets rubbish
I'm hard-pressed to empty the dish washer
Old 10 Nov 02, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
LOL Sam, I think the washing machine was my favorite thing about having a villa - I never do laundry at home (ok, I do do it, but I hate it) but on holiday it seemed like such a novelty that we did a load most evenings!

I have to admit we put all the floral arrangements into a cupboard as soon as we arrived too - they just seem in the way when you've got your park gear everywhere.

Bev
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 02, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Carole
Imagineer

We found it really useful having the washer. Jo and I tended to wear the same few tops and shorts so we just threw them in the washer as we went to bed, and I'd put the machine on when we got up.
I wasn't too chuffed about the lack of housekeeping but we just never got round to complaining. Too much hassle

Oh, and the vacuum never got used. Not by us anyway. They don't supply housekeeping to everyone so they supply cleaning items.
2007 - BCV, AKV
Carole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 02, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Amazing-Grace
Imagineer

Amazing-Grace's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Oh... Didn't realise the washer was in your Apt! Great!
I just though it was rubbish having to wash your own sheets

That's why we want a villa next time, mega washing with us lot, it would be great to put it on each night.
I'm glad you didn't hoover up Carole
Old 11 Nov 02, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Carole
Imagineer

I just though it was rubbish having to wash your own sheets
So did we At first we thought they might not realise the bed was being used, but I'd have thought that the pile of bedding sitting on the chair might have given it away
It was embarrassing enough having to phone down to ask for toilet roll, without having to ask if the could change the sheets as well
2007 - BCV, AKV
Old 11 Nov 02, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Carole
Imagineer

Didn't leave one at all, which is unlike us. The envelope that was provided for us to leave the tip in was the final straw
2007 - BCV, AKV
Old 11 Nov 02, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post

The housekeeping sounded really bad Carole - I don't blame you for not tipping. The villa sounded quite nice especially having a washing machine and well equiped kitchen.
Old 11 Nov 02, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Hmm, the erratic housekeeping sounds a pain. Our villas both had washing machines, tumble driers and plenty of towels so it was not much effort to just do the laundry every couple of days.

Great reports, hopefully you get into some parks soon?
Closed Thread