Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Aug 19, 06:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
I wish you luck, but normally the terms are you must go through BA to change and if you do it independently you have no recourse to additional compensation, which in your case was more expensive flights with easyjet.
Not saying they will not help, but they are not legally obliged and knowing BA will resist unless the reputational damage gets to big.
I’ve seen twitter feeds this morning. People are being told exactly this. If they get a different flight themselves they will get a full refund of the BA tickets but no recourse for the difference.

Fred... do you think, my daughter claim from anyone the additional two days parking at LGW due to us having to move her return flight from Thursday to Saturday?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Broadsword View Post
Well as someone who has a flight on the 27th I disagree with that 100%. At the moment that flight wont go ahead. Shoddy by BA to suggest that it will. IMO.
Surely some flights will fly on the 27th though as not all pilots are on Strike
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joeyt182 View Post
Yes, Norwegian have refunded the full amount. Its been a long day! Still amazed by the mistake BA have made - I would hope there are some serious discussions going on at BA HQ tonight.

Don't often drink, but an ice cold beer tasted amazing tonight...
Glad you got it sorted
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Surely some flights will fly on the 27th though as not all pilots are on Strike
We’re due to fly on the 10th and have been told our flight is back on.
Old 25 Aug 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Can anyone confirm for me if my flight is in red i have the option to change it free of charge even if the flight is not cancelled? My husband rang netflights yesterday and they said if we wanted to move we eould have to pay? 😕 Its just we have a couple of days flexability and to be honest i had been wishing i had added an extra day or two even pre strike action as think this will be our last trip for a while. Just wondering if i could make this rather stressful strike actually work in my favour. Would also feel a bit safer having a return flight further away from the strike dates 🤔
natanddaz is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
Can anyone confirm for me if my flight is in red i have the option to change it free of charge even if the flight is not cancelled? My husband rang netflights yesterday and they said if we wanted to move we eould have to pay? 😕 Its just we have a couple of days flexability and to be honest i had been wishing i had added an extra day or two even pre strike action as think this will be our last trip for a while. Just wondering if i could make this rather stressful strike actually work in my favour. Would also feel a bit safer having a return flight further away from the strike dates 🤔
It’s FOC I changed mine yesterday on BA web site Manage my booking section. Net flights are imho pulling a fast one
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Be interesting to see what happens on the first day of strike action (if it takes place), eg how many pilots turn up for work, will any BA planes actually fly etc etc. Who knows, maybe if lots of pilots turn up BA may decide to offer flights for the 10th?

I don't have much sympathy for BALPA, looking at the BA pilot rates of pay (if the article I read is correct and true) it's much higher than many other pilots so if they did decide to leave many would actually be leaving for lower pay! And what I'd give for an 11.5% pay rise!

Having said that the was BA has handled the whole thing has been a total PR disaster, sending out incorrect emails and not having enough staff on hand is disgraceful.

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept ‘19 - Villa
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I’ve seen twitter feeds this morning. People are being told exactly this. If they get a different flight themselves they will get a full refund of the BA tickets but no recourse for the difference.

Fred... do you think, my daughter claim from anyone the additional two days parking at LGW due to us having to move her return flight from Thursday to Saturday?
Maybe travel insurance will help with the costs
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Broadsword View Post
Well as someone who has a flight on the 27th I disagree with that 100%. At the moment that flight wont go ahead. Shoddy by BA to suggest that it will. IMO.
At the moment ALL flights on the 27th are going ahead. The strike could be called off way before that or BA could get enough pilots to operate your flight. BA will not cancel any flights until the last minute which will be just before the 14 day deadline for EU compensation to kick in.

If anyone wants to change their flight on the 27th it is up to them but BA does not at this moment in time need to offer anyone a full refund for flights departing on the 27th.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Astrid View Post
Be interesting to see what happens on the first day of strike action (if it takes place), eg how many pilots turn up for work, will any BA planes actually fly etc etc. Who knows, maybe if lots of pilots turn up BA may decide to offer flights for the 10th?

I don't have much sympathy for BALPA, looking at the BA pilot rates of pay (if the article I read is correct and true) it's much higher than many other pilots so if they did decide to leave many would actually be leaving for lower pay! And what I'd give for an 11.5% pay rise!

Having said that the was BA has handled the whole thing has been a total PR disaster, sending out incorrect emails and not having enough staff on hand is disgraceful.
My flight back to the UK is on the 10th and is going ahead so some flights are still going on strike days