Notices

Old 24 Apr 18, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
JosieO
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Our Happily Ever After (October 2020)

Hi guys!

It's been a good few years since I was last on the Dibb, back when I planned my first ever trip in 2015. Shortly after that amazing trip (literally the month after) my life changed completely as I met my partner, Mike. Since then I've relocated 110 miles to live with him, and although we've spoken about going to Florida together (and have had adventures in Rome, Sweden, DLP and New York), house saving took over.

Last November we went to stay at the Newport Bay Club in Disneyland Paris to celebrate our second anniversary, and whilst we were there, Mike asked me to marry him! It was the perfect proposal in my favourite place on earth (here's a photo of our cheesy just engaged smiles ).

House saving quickly turned into wedding saving, and we decided that we'd look at tying the knot in October 2020. This gives us plenty of time to save, it'll be our fifth anniversary, and I'll turn 30 a couple of weeks later! We started brainstorming for honeymoon destinations fairly early, and Mike actually suggested that there was nowhere else that would possibly be better than Disney World (he's a good egg ).

Since free dining for 2019 came out I've been manically test-pricing for 2019, and if figures don't fluctuate too much and free dining is offered next year, then this is what we're hoping to book:

Sunday October 18th 2020 (the day after our wedding ) - Raddison Blu at Manchester Airport.
Monday October 19th 2020 - premium flights to Orlando.
Monday October 19th - Thursday 22nd October - 3 nights at the Hard Rock Hotel.
Thursday 22nd - Thursday 29th October - a week at the Beach Club.

We were umming and ahhing about Beach Club or Animal Kingdom Lodge for a while as we love animals, but ultimately the closeness to EPCOT won for us this time (and the fact that BC looks similar to NPB where we got engaged).

For now I'll mainly be stalking the Dibb for ideas and to get my Disney fix, but I couldn't resist starting a super far in advance pre-trippy (only 908 days to go - I know, I know, but I've actually been lurking on here wanting to start a thread since we decided on Disney World back in November ). Roll on next April when we'll hopefully be booking our Disney package! Until then, the honeymoon diet/shopping has definitely started .

Edited at 09:17 PM.
JosieO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Congratulations on you’re engagement! Sounds like an amazing honeymoon. We went in August last year and are hoping to go back in August 2020. Keeping everything crossed that free dining is still going to be available for then! Look forward to hearing more details.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Our Grumpy1
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 27
Congratulations on your engagement!

I guess it’s never ‘to soon’ to plan, especially when what you are planning is such an important event in your life. October 2020 is not so far away and will come around in no time; have fun planning this wonderful occasion.
Old 24 Apr 18, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Congratulations and happy planning
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

Congratulations. Sounds amazing!
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
xmelaniee
Getting Excited

Congratulations! Never too early to start planning, especially when it's your honeymoon! We started planning out honeymoon 2 1/2 years before we go (we don't go until Sept next year), and one year later has gone so quick between the wedding planning and honeymoon planning!
Old 5 May 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Congratulations and happy planning. Looking forward to see how your plan comes out. We're looking at going in October 2020 again too! X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairyloveheart
Earning More Ears

Congratulations! I'm impatiently waiting to book for April 2020! I wanted to do a pre trippie too, but didn't know if people would think I was mad! Xx

Booked for April 2020!
Fairyloveheart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Congratulations!

And we are hoping to be visiting in October 2020 too so our countdown will be similar to yours
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Sinead
Excited about Disney

Congrats ! We are looking to return in 2020 (August) and I also turn 30 that year. Never too soon to plan, I've done the same with 2019 prices haha.
Sinead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List