Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Aug 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Nollypat
Earning More Ears

Please help me avoid a divorce!

I've messed up.
We had decided to return to Disney next February, after an amazing 'once in a lifetime'(!) trip in February 2017. My husband booked his leave, but we held off booking due my mum's ill health. Fortunately, things have improved, and we're now in a position to book.
Yesterday, we priced up Coronado Springs direct through Disney, then spent the evening Googling flights. I was supposed to book this morning, and I checked availability but didn't book because I was running late, and I meant to do it tonight.
Tonight, of course, there's no availability for CSR.
My name is now mud.
Luckily we hadn't told the kids...
The only hotels now with free dining are out of our price range.
Are any cheaper rooms likely to be released, or should I look at booking through someone else? If so, any recommendations would be very welcome. (I've been looking at Attraction Tickets Direct)
Thanks in advance
Nollypat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Did you want QSDP? If so the POFQ still has the offer on and the price hasn't changed since we booked two weeks ago for August next year x x
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Availability does change all of the time. However, if you want to get it booked, rather than play the constant checking game, then it's fine to book with a third party. Attraction Tickets Direct are a very good company and we've booked with them for this year's holiday. In fact, out of 6 holidays, I've only actually booked directly with Disney once.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Try giving Orlando Attractions a call in the morning. We booked CSR with them for this year. All good so far and I know a lot of other dibbers use them too. They were cheaper than Disney direct for our dates. 😊
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Nollypat
Earning More Ears

Thanks for your replies.
Yes, we're hoping for QSDP. Unfortunately for the dates we're looking at, POFQ isn't offering free dining, and the only rooms left at CBR are the most expensive ones.
POFQ is available with free dining for our dates with Attraction Tickets Direct. OH is a bit reluctant to book with a 3rd party as he worries about how helpful they'd be if you end up with a problem.
Nollypat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Spike1911
Excited about Disney

Mobile

What about seeing what Virgin are doing?
Spike1911 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Weve booked POFQ with Disney for 10 nights but booked Universals RPR with ATD. I've been recommended by them loads, my husband was reluctant at first too but they offered a great deal. 👍
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nollypat View Post
Thanks for your replies.
Yes, we're hoping for QSDP. Unfortunately for the dates we're looking at, POFQ isn't offering free dining, and the only rooms left at CBR are the most expensive ones.
POFQ is available with free dining for our dates with Attraction Tickets Direct. OH is a bit reluctant to book with a 3rd party as he worries about how helpful they'd be if you end up with a problem.
A good third party supplier is very helpful if there's a problem, and I'd personally class ATD as a good one. A few years ago when the refurb work was announced at CBR people who'd booked directly with Disney doesn't hours on hold on the phone waiting to get through to either move resort or get compensation, whereas those booked with good agents had it all dealt with by the agents. Orlando Attractions are excellent too, but I've found their availability to be the same as Disney's.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19

Edited at 11:31 PM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

I would also suggest trying Charter Travel or Ocean Florida. However I also love Atrraction Tickets Direct and bought my first Disneyland tickets on our first USA trip with them thirty years ago!
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

ATD are amazing and I would recommend them without hesitation
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List