Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 9 Sep 19, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Any celebrity cruise experts?

Hi, we’ve just booked a celebrity cruise to the med next summer. Does anybody know what the kids facilities are like in comparison to RCI? Our last cruise was DCL and whilst I know the facilities won’t be comparable with them, I just want reassurance that they are ok for a short periods. Also, does anybody know how strict they are with regards to kids club ages too? Just my eldest turns 10 whilst on board which moves him into the older kids club and I don’t really want him to have to move half way through the trip.
Dendycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Hi, we took our kids on Celebrity a few times, they have a good kids club program, and a sports deck, just not all the water slides and climbing walls etc that RCL have. Which ship is it? In regard to ages, they allowed the older one to go into the younger room but not vice versa.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Hi, we took our kids on Celebrity a few times, they have a good kids club program, and a sports deck, just not all the water slides and climbing walls etc that RCL have. Which ship is it? In regard to ages, they allowed the older one to go into the younger room but not vice versa.
Thank you. Glad to hear it’s a good program. We are on the silhouette next summer. His brother will be in the lower age group so I don’t mind them staying together.
Old 9 Sep 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dendycat View Post
Thank you. Glad to hear it’s a good program. We are on the silhouette next summer. His brother will be in the lower age group so I don’t mind them staying together.
Silhouette is beautiful! Stunning ship. Am sure you will all love it. Here are some photos from when we went in 2012. My kids were a lot younger then!
mybigfatcruise/post/5394...uette-may-2012

Our trip reports -

Edited at 03:15 PM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
And the Silhouette is having a refurb early next year so you'll get a sparkly 'new' ship!
Old 10 Sep 19, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

We loved loved loved silhouette, so much so we booked again whilst onboard this year. We did the med this year and there were a lot of kids onboard, think I heard one of our waiters say there were over 600 which is not something they were used to. My daughter is a little older than your kids-shes 15- that being said she really enjoyed this cruise and made a lovely friend. As above, they dont have all the bells and whistles as some of the other ships have, but my daughter said the activities were better, for example they had pizza making, sushi making, a pool party in the solarium (which is completely enclosed and was our fave place)

One of the things I would say is that there were a lot of moaners on our cruise, moaning in particular about the kids onboard and how badly behaved they were, you may read reviews to that effect. We honestly didn't see any of that at all.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney_l81 View Post
We loved loved loved silhouette, so much so we booked again whilst onboard this year. We did the med this year and there were a lot of kids onboard, think I heard one of our waiters say there were over 600 which is not something they were used to. My daughter is a little older than your kids-shes 15- that being said she really enjoyed this cruise and made a lovely friend. As above, they dont have all the bells and whistles as some of the other ships have, but my daughter said the activities were better, for example they had pizza making, sushi making, a pool party in the solarium (which is completely enclosed and was our fave place)

One of the things I would say is that there were a lot of moaners on our cruise, moaning in particular about the kids onboard and how badly behaved they were, you may read reviews to that effect. We honestly didn't see any of that at all.
From my experience Celebrity has always been geared to the older/non children market. When we’ve cruised with them (Alaska and med) there were hardly any kids at all. They seem to target that market and whilst there are
No issues at all taking kids they aren’t in my opinion after that family market as much as RC//Disney/pando are. I adore celebrity cruises but wouldn’t take my 2 on one. We are off on an MSC cruise tomorrow who I’ve heard amazing things but mostly dreadful so that will be interesting.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Here is a quick video montage from our last cruise on Silhouette - we all absolutely loved it!

vimeo/44129263

Our trip reports -
Old 11 Sep 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks everybody. My kids will have their cousins on board so I’m hoping that we won’t need the bells and whistles but good to hear that they are kept occupied with fun activities. Hoping that customers will be a more more tolerant of the kids on board with this cruise as it is being sold with the selling point of being a ‘school holiday cruise’.
Old 29 Sep 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Steeko
I want to go now!

We went on the Silhouette last year to do the Norwegian Fjords & absolutely loved it!
We’ve done a few Disney cruises which we adore but also loved this too. We’ve booked with Celebrity again for next year as we really liked the ship, quality of service, food & entertainment.
Can’t comment on kids clubs as I have no kids but they seem to get good reviews.
Steeko is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List