Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 Sep 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Manchester Airport - Premier Inn (North or South)

Flying from Manchester next year and both hotels have came up when searching for a hotel, should we choose one over the other?
2littleboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Both Runger Lane hotels are pretty much the same, in fact they're opposite each other.

In the South the sink/vanity area is in the bedroom and not within the bathroom. The South is also closer to the motorway, but I believe the rooms are soundproof.

The North has a Costa and is slightly newer.

Though also look at ones nearby. They might be cheaper and you won't have to pay for parking. We stayed at Wilmslow (though they don't have any breakfast there) and Heald Green seems popular on here as well.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We went for North as it has a Costa and aircon,I don't think South has aircon in the rooms.I just booked it yesterday for our return from Florida in January.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I believe the main differences are that A family room at North is a double bed and a sofa bed split into two. With a bath.

The South family room is two double beds. And just a shower.

It depends what works best for your family set up wise.

I think the north is considered slightly better? We’ve stayed at the north one and Heald green but trying the south one next month as we’ve got two rooms so my girls can have a bed each and not fight over not sleeping on the sofa bed. 😂

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for the replies everyone. I can get a room in Heald Green for £60 for the night before we fly for the 4 of us?

This seems like a winner, however we would need to eat after we arrive as we will be driving down from Scotland.
2littleboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Thanks for the replies everyone. I can get a room in Heald Green for £60 for the night before we fly for the 4 of us?

This seems like a winner, however we would need to eat after we arrive as we will be driving down from Scotland.
The meal deal is really good in the Premier We've booked for 2 nights in January so our room is available as soon as we get off our flight, we'll head back to Scotland the next morning. £73 for the two nights which isn't bad.

Edited at 07:10 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I think they are much of a muchness. We went for North as it was cheaper. Signs to the car parking at the airport was easy to follow, the food in the restaurant was nice. We would stay there again if we flew from Manchester. Check out ScottishNellies trip reports as she usually does Herald Green.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

I like the Premier Inn at Heald Green. There's a fab Indian restaurant 5 mins walk away and that's where we go for our evening meal before we fly.

OP if you're heading down in the car, depending on which way you're coming down, you may well go past the door of the Trafford Centre - loads of choices for food!
Old 12 Sep 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

We stayed at Heald Green which is a bit further out in May as it was cheaper. It is what it is, we had no issues.

We've just booked the Premier Inn North for May 2020, it was the same price (£35 a room) but looks newer.

Personally I'd go for the cheapest tbh xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We like the north, for the Costa!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List