Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 Sep 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The new towers at Coronado Springs or Yacht/Beach?

... has anyone stayed in one of these rooms yet? We're booked into POFQ from the 16th Aug, but we've booked flights and need to move the booking forward 2 days so checking into Disney on the 14th Aug. Looking online FQ has no availability, but CSR does, but in the new tower. Would likw to know what It was like and how easy/far it was from the building to the food court, main pool etc as will have my 70 year old parents with us so needs to be a reasonably close distance.

Alternatively, YC is only £550 more (after paying for the upgrade to free DDP at a mod) haha. Bit gutted as my dad was looking forward to the boat to DS, and we really don't like Riverside at all! Is there much difference between the beach club and the yacht club? I don’t really know much about them as always been out of our price range!

Oh my head hurts lol.

Edited at 11:09 PM.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post

We have stayed at the Yacht Club. The similarities to the Beach Club are the location, shared pool and convenient access to the restaurants and shops of both hotels.

The differences are the ambience, Yacht Club has quieter, more adult public areas, Beach Club is more family orientated. The Yacht Club rooms all have balconies, only some BC rooms do, YC rooms are all newly renovated, not sure that BC are. I personally would pick YC again, but I think they are similar enough that I would be happy to stay at either.

I have not been to Grand Destino Tower yet, but looking at a map it seems well located for amenities to me.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed at the Tower last month - similar dates to your proposed stay next year. At the time there were no convention guests, which I imagine would make a difference but we would happily stay there again. The rooms are light, bright and well appointed and seemed larger than other moderate rooms elsewhere which we’ve found rather dark and gloomy. It doesn’t feel Disneyfied though, and the lobby and lounges etc are rather ‘bling’ if you know what I mean. The elevators are super efficient and there’s a covered walkway which connects the Tower to El Centro with shopping and dining options - it means you can get around without getting wet in a thunderstorm! The bridges across the lake have shortened walking time to reach the main pool. The only drawback we found was that the Tower is the last stop on the bus route (except for Disney Springs) so sometimes the buses were full with guests from the previous 3 stops and didn’t bother to call at the Tower stop on their way out. All in all though the Tower felt like a 4* hotel at 3* prices.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
... has anyone stayed in one of these rooms yet? We're booked into POFQ from the 16th Aug, but we've booked flights and need to move the booking forward 2 days so checking into Disney on the 14th Aug. Looking online FQ has no availability, but CSR does, but in the new tower. Would likw to know what It was like and how easy/far it was from the building to the food court, main pool etc as will have my 70 year old parents with us so needs to be a reasonably close distance.

Alternatively, YC is only £550 more (after paying for the upgrade to free DDP at a mod) haha. Bit gutted as my dad was looking forward to the boat to DS, and we really don't like Riverside at all! Is there much difference between the beach club and the yacht club? I don’t really know much about them as always been out of our price range!

Oh my head hurts lol.
Not an answer to your question but that’s a great price for YC! How come it’s only that much more? When I price up FQ with upgraded dining plan then YC its a huge difference? Btw not booked anything just been looking.
Old 13 Sep 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bertiebear View Post
Not an answer to your question but that’s a great price for YC! How come it’s only that much more? When I price up FQ with upgraded dining plan then YC its a huge difference? Btw not booked anything just been looking.
So 5 nights at FQ with QSDP in a Garden View room (all that was available when we booked) was £2971 inc tickets. Upgraded dining is £340 for the 4 of us. So makes it £3311. 5 nights at the YC in a standard room with free DDP & tickets is £3861, so only £550 between the two!

It's crazy isn't it!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
We have stayed at the Yacht Club. The similarities to the Beach Club are the location, shared pool and convenient access to the restaurants and shops of both hotels.

The differences are the ambience, Yacht Club has quieter, more adult public areas, Beach Club is more family orientated. The Yacht Club rooms all have balconies, only some BC rooms do, YC rooms are all newly renovated, not sure that BC are. I personally would pick YC again, but I think they are similar enough that I would be happy to stay at either.

I have not been to Grand Destino Tower yet, but looking at a map it seems well located for amenities to me.
Thanks for that, I do like the look of YC, and think my parents would like it too, especially having a balcony. My kids are 14 & 12 so a more adult vibe for them is fine, they're pretty chilled out teens!

I do like the look of the Tower aswell, but I've never really been a fan of the whole CSR layout, and think the kids would love the pool at BC. It's going to be our last trip for a while so I might seriously consider it.

Old 13 Sep 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
We stayed at the Tower last month - similar dates to your proposed stay next year. At the time there were no convention guests, which I imagine would make a difference but we would happily stay there again. The rooms are light, bright and well appointed and seemed larger than other moderate rooms elsewhere which we’ve found rather dark and gloomy. It doesn’t feel Disneyfied though, and the lobby and lounges etc are rather ‘bling’ if you know what I mean. The elevators are super efficient and there’s a covered walkway which connects the Tower to El Centro with shopping and dining options - it means you can get around without getting wet in a thunderstorm! The bridges across the lake have shortened walking time to reach the main pool. The only drawback we found was that the Tower is the last stop on the bus route (except for Disney Springs) so sometimes the buses were full with guests from the previous 3 stops and didn’t bother to call at the Tower stop on their way out. All in all though the Tower felt like a 4* hotel at 3* prices.
Thanks for the review! The hotel and rooms look amazing, so that would draw me in, but I have never really been a fan of CSR as a resort, which is putting me off!

Old 13 Sep 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Based on all you've said, I'd definitely go for YC! You can take the little boat to Epcot and HS from there, the pool is really nice, and it's walking distance into Epcot as well! Plus it's only a few minutes walk to the Boardwalk, with many more restaurants and shops, really nice at night as well. It'd be a no-brainer for me if it works in your budget!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

There would be no comparison for me ! YC or BC all the way. Im staying at the BC next week - always stay there and the sand bottomed pool and proximity to Epcot and Hollywood Studios is a winner plus its a deluxe resort rather than a moderate x
Old 14 Sep 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Thanks everyone!

I've just upgraded to the Yacht Club! It's all coming together!