Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Mar 15, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Would a cruise work for us?

Really after some help and advise, after many trips to florida over the last few years I have promised to make next year and maybe year after florida free. We did this back in 2013 and went to lake Garda which we did enjoy but the excitement wasn't the same. We do need to try to keep costs down though as each time the we go to florida the price is higher and higher. So someone suggested a cruise which is something I have fancied in the past but other than a disney cruise (which was mega bucks when I checked) didn't think about it somewhere to take children. So what I was wondering was -
Will we find a cabin on a cruise to take a family of 5, as obviously 2 cabins as well as not being great for a family holiday would push the cost up.
Would a cruise suit our children who will be next year 11, 8 and 2 (nearly 3). The older two when we have been to hotels in Europe have never really done the kids clubs.
Would the holiday work out cheaper than Florida or are we talking about similar money?
We are thinking about the last two weeks of August 2016. I figure I will get this info quicker and more accurate on here than a travel agent would give!
Old 20 Mar 15, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
rockgems
Excited about Disney

We've booked to do a med cruise with royal Caribbean for this August. Going on 22nd of the month for a weeks cruise and we've paid £4800 for 2 adults and 1 14 year old. This is for inside cabin, flights to Barcelona from Heathrow and 3 nights hotel in Barcelona to extend the holiday to 10 days. We did get all inclusive drinks and gratuities paid in advance as well.
So you are looking at similar money to Florida especially in school holidays.
rockgems is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 15, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Sotong
slightly serious Dibber

Ive found the base price is similar from the travel agent but to this includes all food and entertainment on a cruise unlike in Florida.
Limited shopping especially if like us you enjoy the boat when everyone else gets off in port!
Euro exchange rate better this summer too the dollars.
14 nights in the med from Southampton available on the cruise site I use from £1200 each for first 2 passengers, not sure how your children would be accommodated you may need family rooms or 2 adjoining cabins. It's difficult to be on line pricing for a family.
This is also based on a cabin for sleeping and showering i.e inside one!

Good luck and I am sure you will enjoy cruising. On most ships there is lots to do I think RCI is best for your age children.

Gillian.
Sotong is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 15, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Echo18
slightly serious Dibber

We found Carnival Vista pricing very good for next summer from Barca and they do 5 person cabins. The kids will love a cruise I am sure - mine love it.
Echo18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 15, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Thanks for all the great information, going to have fun looking tonight and pleased there are cabins for 5.
Old 25 Mar 15, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Gary
Apprentice Imagineer

Gary's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
There are limited cabin types that hold 5 people, these tend to be more expensive than two of the cheaper ones.
You need to price them up for the cruise you want to take.
2016 - 12 night Copenhagen to Dover - DCL
2017 - 14 night Southampton to Barcelona - RCI
Gary is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 15, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread