Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 Mar 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
stacy87
Very Serious Dibber

How Early is too Early - Magicbands

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, and new to Magicbands!

This may be a completely stupid question, but I thought I'd ask anyway...my best friend and I are booked for WDW in May 2021. My Disney Experience allows us to select our Magicbands now, and my understanding is that the Magicbands would be shipped to the resort for us to collect when we check-in. My question is - is it too early to select our Magicbands now? I've seen a Captain America design that I would really like (I'm a huuuuuuge Cap fan). I don't know how often designs are available, and if this design would still be available closer to the time.

Any advice on this would be very much appreciated.

TIA
stacy87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
stargazer69
Getting Excited

I would be looking to do it no sooner than 6 months before your trip.

We're going in November so will leave it a couple of months.

Saying that though, when we went last year, the whole Magic Band experience was diabolical. I was checking multiple times a day over what felt like months, to get the bands my family wanted, but couldn't get everyone's first choice in the end.

POR 2022
OKW 2019, SSR 2017, OKW 2015, OKW 2013
stargazer69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post

There are no rules, but I really wouldn’t order a Magicband yet for a stay more than a year away.

You might change your plans and not go or you might change resort and it gets lost and you waste time having to chase up. You also will waste a year of battery life (the bit which automates the photos, I know that some functions will operate forever).

I am sure I have seen Captain America there very frequently. I would leave this a good six months at least.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by stacy87 View Post
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, and new to Magicbands!

This may be a completely stupid question, but I thought I'd ask anyway...my best friend and I are booked for WDW in May 2021. My Disney Experience allows us to select our Magicbands now, and my understanding is that the Magicbands would be shipped to the resort for us to collect when we check-in. My question is - is it too early to select our Magicbands now? I've seen a Captain America design that I would really like (I'm a huuuuuuge Cap fan). I don't know how often designs are available, and if this design would still be available closer to the time.

Any advice on this would be very much appreciated.

TIA
If you pay for the special "Captain America" design now then the bands get shipped pretty soon. If you simply select the basic colors then they are shipping a few weeks prior to arrival. I say buy the special band now that you want in case it goes away. Otherwise you might consumed trying to time buying the right Magicbands.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 10 Mar 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
stacy87
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for all the replies! The general consensus is that I'm just too keen I will hold off until closer to our trip - but I'll keep an eye on the designs available
stacy87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List