Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Mar 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
NMW1702
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Hard rock Hotel - Club level decisions

We are staying a week at Hard rock hotel after a week at disney on the dining plan.

2 adults 2 children (9 & 8) . Upgrade to club is $105 plus tax per night.

Question for people who have stayed club level.

Is it worth it?
NMW1702 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
TerryYa
Excited about Disney

Mobile

It depends on how much use you think you'll make of the lounge. As a similar group (2A 2C) we all had breakfast each morning. We always called in the evening as the food was enough for a meal and had 2 or 3 drinks with it.

We'd also pick up some cans of pop/ bottles of water through the day and to take to the parks as well as packs of Doritos.

Compared to the prices at Universal we saved a lot, but I'm not sure how much of it we would have still bought had we been paying out of pocket. However, for the convenience of it I'd definitely go club again if we stayed at US.
TerryYa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NMW1702 View Post
We are staying a week at Hard rock hotel after a week at disney on the dining plan.

2 adults 2 children (9 & 8) . Upgrade to club is $105 plus tax per night.

Question for people who have stayed club level.

Is it worth it?
I agree with Terry. It's down to whether you'll use it.

We did club at Royal Pacific for 4 nights. Had breakfast each morning...popped back a couple of times for snacks (these were not that exciting but 'free' I suppose). Nice to hangout in the club lounge. We did the evening once I think...quite busy but food was fine.

I think we probably broke even. But I wouldn't do it again unless it was nearly a free upgrade. You almost feel obliged having paid for it to use it and we found out that we prefer to be out and about.

Next time we went we did standard at for a week at Portofino Bay...grabbed breakfast in a Costa (Starbucks?)...sometimes we had a Voodoo Donut. Then out in parks and ate at various excellent venues. Enjoyed this much more.

So yes, if you use it you can save some money but perhaps at the expense of missing other great stuff.

Edited at 07:52 PM.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

If you get it for that price then do it - we like to eat out at night and I think they quoted my double what you have so we didn’t bother (have done it loads before though)
blades is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
NMW1702
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Its booked :-)

We will still eat out but at least breakfast is sorted for the whole week and I will ensure we get our monies worth!
NMW1702 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

We are going club for 4 nights in October it was about $100 per night. We are planning on having 4 breakfasts and 3 evenings food and drink in there, with a few snacks during the day.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

I booked Club Level at the Hard Rock this week because it was about £90 extra in total on the three night stay. I booked with Expedia for next February half term.

We’ve never stayed Club Level at the HRH before and we’ll be in the parks a lot of the time but hoping we can get some good use out of it. For £90, some croissants each morning, a few bottles of water, an alcoholic drink each evening for DH and I and some snacks for our forever hungry 11 year old would make it feel worthwhile.

I’m not sure I would have booked it for an extra $100 per night in case we felt too tied to it but I have read TripAdvisor reviews that suggest it’s perfectly possible to grab some breakfast before early park entry and swing a late afternoon break for some food and alcoholic drinks.

I’m interested to hear from any other Dibbers who have used it and whether they found it worthwhile.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
I booked Club Level at the Hard Rock this week because it was about £90 extra in total on the three night stay. I booked with Expedia for next February half term.

We’ve never stayed Club Level at the HRH before and we’ll be in the parks a lot of the time but hoping we can get some good use out of it. For £90, some croissants each morning, a few bottles of water, an alcoholic drink each evening for DH and I and some snacks for our forever hungry 11 year old would make it feel worthwhile.

I’m not sure I would have booked it for an extra $100 per night in case we felt too tied to it but I have read TripAdvisor reviews that suggest it’s perfectly possible to grab some breakfast before early park entry and swing a late afternoon break for some food and alcoholic drinks.

I’m interested to hear from any other Dibbers who have used it and whether they found it worthwhile.
£30 a night seems very reasonable. Breakfast at a Starbucks would cost you that. At that price it's a bit of a bonus. It's nice to have but you won't feel 'obliged' to use it.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It’s worth it if you use it. We did 5 days Club Level. It was about $100 a night and there are four of us. We had 5 breakfasts. We had 8 bottles of water each a day. The kids had loads of cans of pop and DH lots of coffee. Myself and DD ate our evening meal there all 5 days. The boys wanted more and ate out. We all had cake every night. I probably had 3 glasses of wine a day and DH had a few beers. I took fruit from there for lunch every day. So I spent nothing on food. Worth it for me. Same pretty much doe DD. The boys spent about $40 a day extra. They are greedy though 😂
Old 29 Mar 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

We did 4 nights at club level last year and are 2 adults and 2 children. Yes it was worth it knowing breakfast was there ready and waiting each morning and an unlimited amount of bottled water etc to take to parks. We enjoyed a few drinks early evening but we did find it busy and a bit untidy at times. Maybe I had set my standards too high and with it being club level thought it would be a nice place to sit with a vino but we didn't experience that. We ended up taking a few drinks back to our room to enjoy. I suppose it's what you make of it
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List