Old 16 May 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
JOFFREYS EPCOT

The girls and Kelly fancied another snack as were leaving Epcot so we grabbed 3 snacks here.

Kelly a pink donut. She loved this. Very similar the The Big Pink at Universal.

Evie a cinnamon roll. She didn’t like it. Said it tasted burnt. It did look like it a bit. I tried some and it wasn’t great.

Lily a giant cookie.

3 snack credits used

Edited at 09:23 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
TEPPEN EDO

For me this was the one I was least looking forward to. I wanted to try here but for me personally the communal table is not something I enjoy. I can be shy around new people so find it awkward but Kelly really wanted to try here.

It was around 25 minutes after our adr time were called which was a little annoying. We waited outside unaware there was a big area inside to sit.

It was pretty noisy inside and to be honest I have absolutely no idea what the lady checking us in said.

It was a bit of a squeeze to get our table and I was a little bit worried about Evie being able to see ok as we moved behind people already at there tables.

We were seated with a couple from the UK and another older family from Kentucky but to be honest there wasn’t a great deal of interaction.

Orders were taken and soon a salad came out which was nice but heavy on soy.

Lily is on the kids plan. She had a miso soup which smelt amazing but she didn’t like it. I tried some and it smelt better than I tasted.

After a while our chef came out, introduced himself and began cooking. He was nice and and was chatty while cooking but it was quite noisy so not always easy to hear.

Mickey Ears with oil

Minnie Ears with oil.

He started with the vegetables, onions, courgettes and carrots, making an onion volcano which was cool.

He added noodles to this and once cooked each person was served some.

It was very nice but be aware that you get this before any protein is added so you don’t get everything together. You are given rice as well.

He then started on the chicken. Lily had ordered chicken and Kelly and Evie both had steak and chicken combos. I looked on while theirs was cooked as I had ordered steak.

He soon started on the steak asking us each how we wanted it cooked.

I was disappointed that I was given the same amount of steak as Kelly and Evie. I thought as I was just having steak I’d get a comparable amount to their combo of steak and chicken. It was quite tasty though.

For the mains, I enjoyed it but thought it was a small portion for me. Kelly and the girls really enjoyed theirs though.

No one of us fancied any of the desserts so Kelly got a green tea.

Evie had an ice cream

So overall I thought it was ok. The ladies thought better of it than me. They’d go again. I don’t think I would.

4 t/s credits used.

Edited at 09:43 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

Our first TS meal on our trip is an 8.05am booking at Garden Grille. Looking forward to it even more after your review.

We are also planning to go straight down to Soarin' after too.

I was quite keen to try Teppan Edo but DH and DS overruled me so we didn't book it. That is strange that you didn't get a larger portion of steak when you weren't having chicken too. I think we would all enjoy the food but I think we would probably feel uncomfortable with the shared table.

Looking forward to see if you did manage to get through all your snack credits in the end.
DollyDimples is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
dollydaydream7
Very Serious Dibber

dollydaydream7's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Great read, we are defiantly going to try the garden grill breakfast next time, I wonder if you get an early enough one if you can do sorin and TT before the park gets too busy and FP frozen?

Also I love teppan edo we do it every trip, my kids go crazy for it, out next trip we are a family of 6 so I don't think there will Ben too many others at the table with us. Last time we had some lovely women celebrating their friends all clear for cancer and they were great fun.
dollydaydream7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Teppan Edo sounds a little under-whelming from your perspective, and certainly bizarre that you didn’t get more steak. This is not somewhere we have tried and I think we’ll probably find other places that will take priority over it. Loved the look of the Mickey shaped tart! 😋
Old 16 May 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Teppan Edo is one that we tend to avoid as an introvert. We have eaten there and loved the food but we’ve never gone back as I get nervous just thinking about it. Silly I know.

The Mickey Tart looked great, I didn’t expect the filling to be so soft.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

We were at Teppan Edo on Friday and I think you got a bit done on the steak there! My DH got steak only and definitely got more than that.

I'm also not a fan of sharing tables, and ours came with some added entertainment of an obnoxious New Jersey couple who drove the server mad asking how each and every thing was seasoned and demands to have it more seasoned. They ordered extra starters, lobster tails etc and then sat there with faces like thunder and didn't touch any of their food or talk to each other.
On the upside we also shared with a nice British family and we all had a good laugh about the American couple once they left (which was as soon as they possibly could!).
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Oh, I love Teppen Edo it's a family favourite. We've got it booked on our last night in October. I don't talk to anybody other than a hello when I'm there (call me antisocial!) Did you order the fillet steak, maybe that's why you got less? My Dd had it last time and we had the combos and it sounds like a similar amount with it being a better cut of meat?

It's funny as I don't consider myself as a shy person like you do but I couldn't do a trip report, as im not brave and would worry that no one would want to read it or think I was daft?! (Is that shy or just paroniod? 🤔Hmmm 😂 )

I'm loving your report by the way! 👍

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Oo don't make me waiver on our choice of Teppan Edo..! Never tried it and booked it so we can watch Illuminations afterwards, DD a meat lover and thought she would like the cooking at the table! Hmmm... 🤔
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Oh, I love Teppen Edo it's a family favourite. We've got it booked on our last night in October. I don't talk to anybody other than a hello when I'm there (call me antisocial!) Did you order the fillet steak, maybe that's why you got less? My Dd had it last time and we had the combos and it sounds like a similar amount with it being a better cut of meat?

It's funny as I don't consider myself as a shy person like you do but I couldn't do a trip report, as im not brave and would worry that no one would want to read it or think I was daft?! (Is that shy or just paroniod? 🤔Hmmm 😂 )

I'm loving your report by the way! 👍

Kat
Do a trip report Kat, I was too scared to do one for years and now I have started I regret all the missing ones.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List