Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 18 Jan 20, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

You're doing the best thing by planning You're going to have a great time and there is lots of information on here to help.

The one thing i've noticed is that the day after you arrive you're planning a full day in MK including the fireworks. You will be up early because of jet lag but by mid-afternoon you will be flagging. I don't think I could last until the fireworks. I'd plan the late nights a few days into the holiday at least.

We used uber last time we went and it was easy and convenient to get around but we were staying closer to Disney than you will be.

Happy planning
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 02:50 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Not sure if it helps you but after research I bought this travelrepublic/att...rolley-orlando. It is basically a shuttle service and stops at the outlets... I have read mixed reviews but it is worth looking into ... For us it is a much cheaper option than Uber so I am willing to give it a go
The i-ride is pretty easy to use. Esp if Uber are peak.

Do you have a copy of mapmans map? I strongly recommend it to help planning before hand and also to take with you to orientate yourself once there.

Very easy to get turned around when not in a car with satnav.

I prefer the hard copy version. Easy to keep in a bag.

orlandomaps/

Has trolley stops /lynx on it. (Or at least the previous version did). It has restaurants on it too. V handy. Quick delivery.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Owens3116
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
The i-ride is pretty easy to use. Esp if Uber are peak.

Do you have a copy of mapmans map? I strongly recommend it to help planning before hand and also to take with you to orientate yourself once there.

Very easy to get turned around when not in a car with satnav.

I prefer the hard copy version. Easy to keep in a bag.

orlandomaps/

Has trolley stops /lynx on it. (Or at least the previous version did). It has restaurants on it too. V handy. Quick delivery.
Thank you I’ve ordered the map!
Owens3116 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Princ3ss D View Post
You're doing the best thing by planning You're going to have a great time and there is lots of information on here to help.

The one thing i've noticed is that the day after you arrive you're planning a full day in MK including the fireworks. You will be up early because of jet lag but by mid-afternoon you will be flagging. I don't think I could last until the fireworks. I'd plan the late nights a few days into the holiday at least.

We used uber last time we went and it was easy and convenient to get around but we were staying closer to Disney than you will be.

Happy planning
I’d agree For our family it definitely would be but Owens family might not get jet lag etc. But It’s also supposed to be really busy in mk that day.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Owens3116
Trading Disney Pins

Hi all

Im starting to build my plan on here (very useful!)

How deep do you go with the planning? I don't really want to plan every meal etc?

How do I share my plan so far?

thank You x
Owens3116 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Owens3116 View Post
Hi all

How deep do you go with the planning? I don't really want to plan every meal etc?

thank You x
I plan my days and I also have a plan/order in which to do rides. I never plan meals.
Others especially on dining plans will have food plans cos you have to if you want to eat at the top places.
Fine dinning for me is bahama breeze when in Florida.
Add meals if you need to make an ADR that’s best thing.
Dunno how to share on here
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 05:01 AM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
I second what others have said about not getting stressed. You are doing a great job and have already had some good advice on here. Every family's preferences and solutions are different. My family are all adults but for us jet lag and getting tired walking around in the heat are very real. Given a fortnight I do about 9 days staying at the Disney end and about 5 at universal to minimise travelling. If you were in a position to consider a split stay then Disney on-site is good but pricey and limits your dining options some non Disney hotels in the Disney Springs area, mainly on hotel plaza boulevard such as the wyndham , holiday inn and b resort have good free transportation and 60 day fast pass and are in walking distance of both Disney Springs and off-site dining near Crossroads. Other hotels in the General Lake Buena Vista area such as the Clarion , Fairfield and Holiday Inn Resort Orlando are basic but very good value, put you close enough to uber more cheaply to Disney parks and are still in walking distance of both Disney Springs and off-site dining. If you are definitely staying near universal for the whole time you can get to Disney from there by public transport but it takes a long time. You will need extra in the uber budget but I would still view that as OK because of not spending on car, fuel or parking. I start by using the fact that jet lag naturally wakes us up very early at the start of the holiday. I roughly plan 1 early morning at each Disney park for rides. We sometimes do a water park or Disney Springs in the afternoon. Then I plan a rest day. Then I plan 1 later start at each Disney park for fireworks. Then universal. This pattern works for us to keep it fun rather than gruelling.
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Your plan is off to a great start! It can be overwhelming trying to figure out everything 🙈 the only thing I would say is doing park opening to closing is difficult especially on your first day with jet lag! I know you don’t want to be going backwards and forwards to and from the park but the first day you’ll be up early and after walking about the parks in the heat I doubt you’ll make it to the fireworks and if you did you might not feel the magic by that point. First day why not go for an early start stay until your tired the have a chilled pool afternoon with nice food and then back to the parks the next day? We go two adults and tend to go pretty hardcore as I have fear of missing out but I think all day is tiring! Hope your plans keep coming together well!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 01:13 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Owens3116 View Post
Hi all

thank You x
I thought your excel spreadsheet plan was a bit too detailed, with the hourly intervals. I have slots for morning, afternoon and evening, breakfast lunch and dinner and then for Disney days I have spaces for the first three bookable fast passes.

I usually plan the mornings and put “flexible” in the afternoon, We often switch parks at that point but there is no need to plan it unless I am heading for an ADR.

I put the ADRs in the plan, but if I am thinking of QS for a particular meal sitting I won’t name where I am thinking of. For Universal days, I tend to do morning in one park and afternoon in the other and I usually alternate which way round. As Universal restaurants are mainly walk ups there would be no need to put them in the planner although I sometimes do if there is somewhere I particularly want to try.

I only do the planning because I enjoy it, if it were something I was finding stressful, then I would take a step back and be a little less structured. I am sure most visitors to Disney do not do anything like the planning some of us dibbers do.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyRoobs
slightly serious Dibber

DisneyRoobs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 15

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

First thing I would say is try not to stress, I totally understand where you’re coming from but it is supposed to be a holiday

Silly question but is there a particular reason for not driving? I went without my Husband for the first time in Dec & was super nervous about driving as he always does it but it was honestly so easy! I drove all the way from Atlanta and back as the Florida flights were full. I can see the benefit of using Uber if you’re doing Disney or Universal but I could imagine hopping between the two to be a bit of a pain.

On my Dec trip my Sister & I stayed at Endless Summer and LOVED it, you’ll have a great time. The shuttle to City Walk took a bit longer than expected so it’s not so convenient for nipping in & out (you have to go through security too) but it is nice being nearby. There is a quick service place & a Starbucks in the hotel plus it is literally opposite iHop, KFC and a short walk to some other restaurants too.

My only other thing to add would be that although you don’t think you need much downtime, you will! The parks will take it out of you so plan some pool / chill time in & whilst it’s good to push the jet lag you might find you’ll crash a little earlier than expected the first 2/3 nights.

Have FUN!

- Ash & Lucy's West Coast Adventure - Pre Trip Report
- Start Spreadin' the News: Christmas in NYC 2014 - Trip Report
- 10 Magical Years (Well, maybe 7 or so) Jan '13 Trip Report
- The Fanny-Packers Hit Florida Dec '11 Trip Report
DisneyRoobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List