Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Mar 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That's really good to see Mickey for a couple of septuagenarians.

Let's hope it's the start of a nationwide and storewide trend.

Mick
Old 23 Mar 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
Probably because the people who went mad stocking up the past few days haven't had chance to eat it all yet.
Judy, that did make me genuinely laugh because the vibes were all positive until your comment

Have you ever thought of getting a job with the samaritans?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
That's really good to see Mickey for a couple of septuagenarians.

Let's hope it's the start of a nationwide and storewide trend.

Mick
Mick, You and Joan must be delighted to have special privileges at the supermarket at this time. Have you been buying up all the toilet rolls to sell at inflated prices on ebay?

I don't know what that long word means that you wrote, because anything over two syllables confuses me
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Mick, You and Joan must be delighted to have special privileges at the supermarket at this time. Have you been buying up all the toilet rolls to sell at inflated prices on ebay?

I don't know what that long word means that you wrote, because anything over two syllables confuses me
Mickey

We both belong to that privileged group of over 70s that are allowed to have 10,000 rolls of toilet paper in the garage.

Mick
Old 23 Mar 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Our Aldi was absolutely fine today too. Plenty of parking, meat, veg, loo roll and the bread aisle was full too.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

This is good new, tomorrow I will need to go and get milk and veg so fingers crossed
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 20, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

My bf went to Asda this morning and we got loads of fruit and veg which was great Even managed some pasta! Still no tomato puree or passata to put with the past however... That is us done for the week now.
Wismgari is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

Thanks for that, it's actually put my mind at rest about my in-laws online shopping, due to arrive tomorrow. They are both in their 80's and should be staying at home, at least if their shopping turns up tomorrow, they can stay safely at home.
Old 24 Mar 20, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post

We didn’t go to any shops yesterday but DH went to Tesco on Sunday and said the shelves were better filled than they had been for the last week / ten days or so.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 20, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
We didn’t go to any shops yesterday but DH went to Tesco on Sunday and said the shelves were better filled than they had been for the last week / ten days or so.
We did a "click & collect" at Tesco last Friday. Reasonably successful although they did substitute two dishwasher cleaners for rinse aid. We now have the cleanest dishwasher in the road but the streakiest plates

Got some own brand rinse aid from Lidl next day in a bottle large enough to last the rest of 2020 at a quarter of the price of Finish - let's hope it works

Mick