Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Mar 20, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlie30
Getting Excited

Glasgow airport room for 5 and car park help.

Hi,
Does anyone know of a hotel at Glasgow airport that will accommodate 2 adults, 3 children in 1 room?
I’ve tried most of them but seems that I have to book 2 rooms.
Otherwise, do any of the hotels have adjoining rooms with a door we can open in between?

I would also appreciate any advice on parking. I’m considering a stay and park hotel combo if I can find one that will accommodate us! Or is the long stay car park at Glasgow easy & safe enough to use?

I’ve only ever travelled from Manchester so it’s difficult to figure out all of the logistics!

Thanks.

Edited at 05:10 PM.
Charlie30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi
We have had adjoining rooms in the Holiday Inn right at the terminal.

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlie30
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thanks, I’ve just tried both Holiday inns but they want me to book 3 rooms as there seems to only be double rooms left. It seems everything is more complicated when you have 3 children!
Old 7 Mar 20, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Have you tried the Premier Inn at Glasgow Airport for two family rooms. We have booked two for October 3 adults and 3 children.
Old 7 Mar 20, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jvm32
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Long stay car park is fine, used it many times with no hassle.

The airport is very near the city centre, so if you are struggling with rooms might be worth checking the city centre or hotels near Paisley Road West/the SSE Hydro area (I know there are a few in that area and it's only a 10 min drive to the airport from there).
jvm32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve booked the Normandy, mixed reviews but I know people who have been and it’s clean and handy for an overnight stay, through holiday extras it was same price for this incl parking than it was to book parking alone elsewhere so a no brainer for us, they do family rooms but unsure if the are suitable for 5.
We’ve previously stayed at the premier inn too but again you’ll need 2 rooms, you get a deal on parking with flying Scott if you have a booking with premier inn.
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Charlie30 View Post
Thanks, I’ve just tried both Holiday inns but they want me to book 3 rooms as there seems to only be double rooms left. It seems everything is more complicated when you have 3 children!
Holiday inn right at the airport really only has rooms that sleep 2 people max
Old 10 Mar 20, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
redemma13
Imagineer

redemma13's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hiya, can't help you with a hotel but the airport isnt that far from lots of areas so you don't have to stay at an airport one per say.
As for the parking, we flew from Glasgow in 2015 and used an offsite company and it was no hassle. Good price and they shuttled you to the airport. You keep your car keys and it had full security. No issues. Have a look at purple parking and you sometimes get good deals.
Em
xxxx
redemma13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
redemma13
Imagineer

redemma13's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I had a quick look for you re hotels. Have a look at Glasgow Airport apartments. It's in paisley which isn't far and if you book there you can drive to an offsite parking and then shuttle to the airport.
Em
xxxx
redemma13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlie30
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thanks, I’m going to check out some more hotels today, might look a little wider then if it’s easy enough to get to!
I have found rooms in the travel lodge which are about £77 total for both rooms but they might be completely separate rooms. Not too worried about that but would be nicer to be together.