Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 Mar 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshy999
New Poster (2)

4 adults in a standard Beach Club Room

Hi Everyone,
We (4 adults, Mum, Dad, daughter, son) are due to stay at the Beach Club in August in a 2 Queen standard room.
We have no problem sharing a room BUT as my son and daughter are both adults in their 20s, they aren't comfortable sharing a bed.
Therefore, my question is can you ask for a separate bed in the room for one of them to use? I don't mean the day bed as my son is 6 feet tall.
I've read (don't know where) that this is possible and wanted to know if that is true or I am making it up.
If it is possible, can anyone tell me how I put in a request.
I don't want us to get there all excited only to have an issue with sleeping arrangements.
Many thanks
Gareth
Welshy999 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Not sure if it helps but we’ve had 5 adults in the room so used the day bed for a 5th adult who is also 6ft tall and it was very comfortable and more so than the rollaway extra bed we had at RPR
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshy999
New Poster (2)

Thanks so much. That really helps put my mind at rest.
Do you know if there is a day bed in ALL the standard 2 queen rooms or doi still need to request one?
Sorry for all the questions but probably last big holiday as a 4some so want it all to be perfect.
Gareth
Welshy999 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by Welshy999 View Post
Thanks so much. That really helps put my mind at rest.
Do you know if there is a day bed in ALL the standard 2 queen rooms or doi still need to request one?
Sorry for all the questions but probably last big holiday as a 4some so want it all to be perfect.
Gareth
There is not.

Day bed rooms are prioritised to bookings of 5 people so all you can do is ask.

If you booked direct with Disney I’d phone and explain and ask them to add this as your only room request.

We stayed last Christmas me, Dh, ds (12) and my mother in law. We were lucky and got our request for a day bed.
Old 9 Mar 20, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

They won’t give you a proper bed you need to request a day bed room. We waited an extra 5 hours for a room to get one last year with a 17 and 20 year old. Struck gold actually as got a quiet pool ground floor room steps from Epcot. It is a gamble though. We were prepared to buy an air bed if necessary.
Old 9 Mar 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
There is not.

Day bed rooms are prioritised to bookings of 5 people so all you can do is ask.

If you booked direct with Disney I’d phone and explain and ask them to add this as your only room request.

We stayed last Christmas me, Dh, ds (12) and my mother in law. We were lucky and got our request for a day bed.
This ^ we also had to request as bookings of 5 do take priority. We didn’t do online check in either so the request stayed on .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

I would rather sleep on the floor than in any of the beds in BC.

The first room we were assigned would have no room for a permanent day bed.

When we were moved room in BC, there was a day bed already in the room (as the room was meant for someone else). It didnt look full length as I could lift and wheel it out no problem and it was an old cheap thin springy mattress. Defo no use for a large adult.

When I wheeled the bed out the room, a worker grabbed it quick and said these are like gold dust and they needed them.

Its impossible to guess if you would get one. The resort could be full but nobody needs them or the resort could be almost empty but with loads of 5 people bookings.

During the renovations in YC, they got all new, far superior day beds, but they dont share them with BC.

I have to ask, why book a room that your children arent comfortable in? There are plenty of other options in Disney.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL

Edited at 03:12 PM.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’ve actually had day bed rooms twice at Beach Club. Both adult size and comfortable. Just for a bit of balance.
Old 23 Mar 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
thealienwarrior
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

As a thought, if you can only have the 2 queen size, could Dad and son, Mum and daughter not share beds rather than husband and wife, children?