Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Mar 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sas
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Loosing a parent is so hard

Good evening all
Sorry it's a sad post. I lost my darling dad in June. We were so close I saw him nearly every day. I love and miss him everyday its been so hard. Today I have accepted an offer on his house and it has really upskittled me. I feel like I am loosing more of him.
Please tell me it gets easier, my dh doesn't really understand why I am so upset. It's all so final and lots of things from my childhood will be lost as I can't keep everything.x
Old 9 Mar 20, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Lost my mum two years ago in April, I still feel sad but it gets easier. It doesn’t mean I don’t think about her 10 times a day!
My sister was her carer and still lives in our family home, I think that’s hard because it’s a constant reminder. I did all my mums shopping, food shop and saw her most days or spoke on the phone, I live five minutes walk away. Take lots of things to remember him by, until you lose a parent you don’t know how hard it is. You knew your dad longer than you knew your dh, my dh has both his parents but still understands it must be hard. Cry if you want and take your time, after a year I felt better but can still have sad times. So sorry for your loss xxx
Old 9 Mar 20, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
babywebb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

My dear stepmum died suddenly in nov 67 of a perforated bowel ( ambulance took 7 hours to arrived ) it’s so hard my dd twins 8 still cry randomly it’s hard cos my dads still in wales I’m in Kent so can’t just pop round , but silly things like gypsy tart in Morrisons set me off all the time , apparently they don’t sell them in wales x
Old 9 Mar 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

We're 12 years on from losing my dad, and it does get easier. I'm guessing you've still got a few firsts to get through, and they're hard, but you will get through it.

I still get moments where I think "I need to ask Dad..." or hear songs that I want to share with him, but it's bittersweet now, rather than heartbreaking. I see it as he's still with me in a way.

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
pvbmb01
Imagineer

pvbmb01's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My father-in-law passed away 10 years ago today. Theres not a day that doesn't go past where we don't talk about him.

You learn to adapt though. Life carries on and you just learn to get on with it, even though it hurts, it's just something you have to do.

Sending you love and hugs xx
pvbmb01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

It does get easier, but sometimes moments catch you.
My Dad passed away when I was 14, 35 years ago Saturday.
My Mum nearly 7 years ago.
Yesterday they just seemed to be everywhere - just little things that reminded me of them.

Then we went to see Onward.
Not good to watch when feeling so lost without your parents. I cried my eyes out! Beautiful film but I really felt close to the characters right then.

Hang in there. You'll have good days and bad days.
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sas
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks guys.
I just miss him so much. The house has only been on the market for 5 weeks so it feels quick.
I am sorry for all your losses too. I know it's the circle of life and people go through alot worse. It just hurts x
Old 9 Mar 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

I lost my dear Dad in May but thankfully still have mum so don't have the issue of selling his home. Selling his car was hard enough, mum wanted to keep it incase he came back 😢

I'm sorry for your loss. Sending hugs x
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

It does not get any easier it just gets easier to handle. It is still such early days for you. You can not yet see the tunnel let alone the light at the end of it, but it is there I promise you. We all grieve in our own way, there is no time schedule but the first year really is the very worse - this time last week, this time last month, etc etc... the first birthday, the first Christmas ...
Your dear dad will never ever be far away from you all the time you can think of him or talk of him.
Where ever you go what ever you do you will for the rest of your life carry him with you in your heart.
Think of what your dad would be saying as regards your selling his house, would he really want you to be hanging on to it - no of course he wouldn't, he would be glad you have done so well as to get rid of having the upkeep of it wouldn't he?
Talk of him & talk too him & think how he would be answering you & smile when you hear his voice in your head. Tears are the price we pay for the great love we feel for a lost one & what a cheap price it is for what we have received over the years.
Old 10 Mar 20, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
missy E
Imagineer

missy E's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
I lost my Dad (77) in December after a 7 year battle against Alzheimer's.
I lost Mum (38) 39 years ago .

It does get easier as time passes & the world turns. I still cry over Mum but rarely now.
I still can't believe Dad has gone sometimes at this early stage. I often have a cry as I miss him. Was sorting/looking through photos yesterday & found some well Dad photos. Trying to remember the man he was before illness but then visions of him at the end hit me hard. It doesn't feel real but I know it will get better.