Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Mar 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
catherine p
Helping Minnie

Talking Anyone already booked for this August?

Hi all
We booked a package holiday back in October last year, to go back this August.
I have checked our flight and nothing has changed yet! I was wondering what to do weather to continue has things are or possibly change my booking for another date?
I just wanted to know are you in the same situation & if so what are your plans?
Thanks
catherine p is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are also booked for August. Everything is booked separately and is pretty much deposit only or refundable (mostly). We are leaving everything as it is and reassessing in mid June when the Disney balance in due. Hopefully things will be a little clearer then? 🤞🏼

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re booked to go August 22nd. Same position as Kat11 really, all DIY. Not worrying about it until June when balances have to be paid. I’ll likely pay them if there’s a small chance we can go.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

We are booked with my magic holiday for 2 weeks on-site with ddp. Got to pay balance in 23rd April. Not sure what to do as I doubt the situation will be any clearer then. We have insurance with travel disruption cover and should be ABTA protected, but not entirely sure how we would stand if for example parks open but FCO advise against flights, or vice versa.
Really wish the balance was due at a later date so could make a more informed decision.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Wereallmadhere
Excited about Disney

Yep, we are booked for August. Have already paid balances. Nothing can be done yet, all we can do is hope for the best, but prepare for the worst - Luckily we added travel disruption cover to our insurance and paid by credit card so hopefully will be able to get most of the money back or move booking to the following year if needed

Edited at 05:23 PM.
Wereallmadhere is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
JimmyCricket
Excited about Disney

We go the 6th August DIY deposits only on Disney, BA flydrive and cruise
Do need to book some other hotels however, wait until June and see how the land lies. I am assuming we will not be going until 2021 which in the grand scheme of things is not a problem!
JimmyCricket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

booked BA flydrive so dont have to pay for it tiil 5 weeks before
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We were due to go to California in 10 days.. and clearly are not. In the last 5 days I have managed to either get refunds or get refund agreements for all of my outlay bar an internal flight from San Luis Obispo to Seattle. If the flight is cancelled, I get that back too.

Yesterday I purchased flights from London to Phoenix and in addition, San Francisco back to London. Any flights booked through American Airlines between 01 March and 31 May can subsequently be changed in both location and date, free of charge.
1. If the flights are still on, but nothing has reopened, then I will move to Easter 2021 somewhere else.
2. If they can’t fly me there, then I can refund.
3. If they go bust, then it is S75 end user failure through my credit card.

I am aware that the pound is plummeting, but have over $4000 cash from my aborted holiday.. more than enough.

I am aware that if things return to a state when vacations resume, then there will be a mad rush and prices of flights will skyrocket. I have mine in place and paid for.
I am aware that it will be likewise with hotels in LA, Pismo, Monterey and SFO will likely also go very high in the event that vacations are back on by August. I am booking them all up now, with breakfast and with free cancellation. I am also booking those in Phoenix and Tucson on the same basis, although these are hardly tourist destinations.

I will not buy attraction tickets to Pima and the boneyard, Universal, Warner Studio tour, 6 flags etc until very near to departure.

I will need car hire.

In short, it has taken me half a day to set up for August. If it fails, then I can get all the money back and the flight moved onward to a later date and possibly, new destination.

I reckon that I have an 80% chance of success. Already, Japan is winding back.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
We were due to go to California in 10 days.. and clearly are not. In the last 5 days I have managed to either get refunds or get refund agreements for all of my outlay bar an internal flight from San Luis Obispo to Seattle. If the flight is cancelled, I get that back too.

Yesterday I purchased flights from London to Phoenix and in addition, San Francisco back to London. Any flights booked through American Airlines between 01 March and 31 May can subsequently be changed in both location and date, free of charge.
1. If the flights are still on, but nothing has reopened, then I will move to Easter 2021 somewhere else.
2. If they can’t fly me there, then I can refund.
3. If they go bust, then it is S75 end user failure through my credit card.

I am aware that the pound is plummeting, but have over $4000 cash from my aborted holiday.. more than enough.

I am aware that if things return to a state when vacations resume, then there will be a mad rush and prices of flights will skyrocket. I have mine in place and paid for.
I am aware that it will be likewise with hotels in LA, Pismo, Monterey and SFO will likely also go very high in the event that vacations are back on by August. I am booking them all up now, with breakfast and with free cancellation. I am also booking those in Phoenix and Tucson on the same basis, although these are hardly tourist destinations.

I will not buy attraction tickets to Pima and the boneyard, Universal, Warner Studio tour, 6 flags etc until very near to departure
I will need car hire.

In short, it has taken me half a day to set up for August. If it fails, then I can get all the money back and the flight moved onward to a later date and possibly, new destination.

I reckon that I have an 80% chance of success. Already, Japan is winding back.
Good thinking & a well thought out plan
Good luck hope it all works out for you
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
holidayforever
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
We are booked with my magic holiday for 2 weeks on-site with ddp. Got to pay balance in 23rd April. Not sure what to do as I doubt the situation will be any clearer then. We have insurance with travel disruption cover and should be ABTA protected, but not entirely sure how we would stand if for example parks open but FCO advise against flights, or vice versa.
Really wish the balance was due at a later date so could make a more informed decision.
If I were you I would contact them to see if you can defer payment to a later date under the circumstances, it’s not as if they would be reselling the holiday .
We are due to fly 24th Aug , flights paid in full, but just a small deposit paid to Disney Travel Company for Hotel ,Tickets , DDP balance due 1st July but not 100% sure it will be ok to travel the way thing are heading at moment in UK and USA and will it be the Holiday I was expecting. This week should have gone to Dubai fo 12 night a insurance claim has gone in just hoping I get my money back it was a lot
holidayforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List