Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Sep 20, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Photogirl62
slightly serious Dibber

Lovely to hear how you’re all getting on. Dropping DD at Warwick on Wednesday and she’s starting to get nervous about moving away now. Really hoping she will be ok!
2022: Highlands Reserve villa followed by Gulf Coast
Photogirl62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
Well Livs in and settled. Shes chuffed with her room much bigger than last time Lincoln had such a good feel about it and its fab to see her grinning from ear to ear x
I've lived all over the country with the Air Force from Newquay to Cambridge to Belfast but settled in Lincoln. I honestly feel Lincoln is one of the nicer places in the UK. I'm sure she'll have a great time.

On the other hand, DD moved with work to Cheltenham because she couldn't wait to get away from Lincoln. Likewise we dropped my Son off at Staffordshire Uni last week and he said Lincoln was a dump. Ironic that my Wife was from Stoke and couldn't wait to get away from there as it's a dump.

We're empty nesters now but good luck everyone.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Beth moved into University of Surrey yesterday. Not bad going after only finding out Thursday afternoon she had a place! It was very organised as there were moving in slots. She has a very nice new room in a building that was only built last October. The snagging list is still in the room so she could be the first one in there.

2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
Yes shes at BGU. She looked so happy yesterday and everyone at Uni was really friendly. Lincoln is a lovely city. She did moan when I made her walk up Steep Hill 🤣 Hope your daughter settles in well again x
I am glad she seems happy. When do lessons start?

When my daughter came home for lockdown we both started running and did Couch 2 5K. I had to give up due to a bad ankle but she carried on and can now run 10K nonstop.

She has carried on in Lincoln and last week RAN up Steep Hill!
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
Beth moved into University of Surrey yesterday. Not bad going after only finding out Thursday afternoon she had a place! It was very organised as there were moving in slots. She has a very nice new room in a building that was only built last October. The snagging list is still in the room so she could be the first one in there.

Looks lovely
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
I am glad she seems happy. When do lessons start?

When my daughter came home for lockdown we both started running and did Couch 2 5K. I had to give up due to a bad ankle but she carried on and can now run 10K nonstop.

She has carried on in Lincoln and last week RAN up Steep Hill!
Blimey that's some achievement I struggled to walk up it lol. Shes got enrolment tomorrow so should get some kind of timetable then. Think shes gone to the outdoor cinema event today. X
Old 23 Sep 20, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL44
Apprentice Imagineer

Just got back from dropping my DD off at Cardiff University 😥😥 very emotional . What made it worse was that our area has gone into local lockdown! So even though we only live 40 minutes away we can’t arrange to meet 😤😤😤. Good luck to all moving in over The next week xxxx

Edited at 05:10 PM.
TINKERBELL44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Photogirl62
slightly serious Dibber

Just back after dropping DD at Warwick. Very impressed with their booking in system. DD is only one in her flat tonight so hoping she gets some company arrive tomorrow. Students could arrive between today and Sunday. Good luck to everyone
2022: Highlands Reserve villa followed by Gulf Coast
Photogirl62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

Hope everyone who has moved in are nicely settled.

Has anyone’s child chosen English Language at University, if so which did they choose and what are they thinking of doing after university.
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kathrynmc View Post
Hope everyone who has moved in are nicely settled.

Has anyone’s child chosen English Language at University, if so which did they choose and what are they thinking of doing after university.
My dd is doing English language and English lit at Swansea with either a semester or a year abroad, and wants to teach English in the far East after uni.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List